Death Note Anime

Kscriv

• 8 months later...

Haha, ever since I wrote that post I have succumbed to the draw of fansubs and kept up with the series week by week.

Anyway, Death Note ended yesterday, and I thought the final episode was great. I liked the anime's ending more than the manga's ending, and I'm someone who really enjoyed how the manga concluded (aside from the epilogue stuff which was sort of unnecessary). It did a great job of

emphasizing the humanity Light had lost by delving too deeply into the powers of the Death Note. Light is much more of a pathetic, tragic figure in the anime than in the manga, because while there's still the sense of "I'm glad he finally got what was coming to him," there are also the subtle reminders that Light could've been so much more. All the damage Light had done amounted to nothing more than his quiet death in a rundown warehouse.

Other people on here had to have kept up with the anime, right? What have you guys thought about it? If you've read the manga, how do you think the two compare?

• 4 months later...

It is now one of my favorite animes ever. Just great character progression,a nd only two flaws---the corporation arc and a certain someone's certain untimely death.

Other than that, it's great. I would love to see a live action movie of it (done in the USA). Scorcese did it for the Departed.......he should do it for Death Note too! The last episode was just so intense that it reminded me of a good American drama.

• 4 years later...

I know, I know, MAJOR bump, but I didn't want to make a new thread if there was already a pre-existing one. I just recently got into anime and this is my third series and my question is: Kellen, why haven't you talked about this show on animezing podcast? I know you've reviewed the movies but is there any particular reason you haven't ever talked about the show? Anyway, this is an awesome anime and I'm surprised people don't talk about it more on E-2.