Michael Myers and Jason: what the hell are they?

Missy

Has Michael's resilience even been explained?

Myers has been called the Boogeyman since the first film and I happen to believe that his insanity as a child tapped into something primal a la the whole Samhain argument from the second film.

Actually, He has been called "The Shape", not Boogeyman

Jason is canonically refered to as a zombie from part 6 onward.

Michaels Myers is just a very durable human.

Jason can't really be a zombie since he died as a kid, but now kills as a dead man. here has to be more to it then that. As for Myers in the first 2 he was human with a never quit kind of attitude. After that though I really don't know because I've only seen bits and pieces of the other ones.

Jason can't really be a zombie since he died as a kid, but now kills as a dead man. here has to be more to it then that. As for Myers in the first 2 he was human with a never quit kind of attitude. After that though I really don't know because I've only seen bits and pieces of the other ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard from multiple sources that the only in-continuity Halloween movies are parts one and two, as well as H20 and Resurrection. Part three acknowledges one and two as being movies, and four through six just don't make sense and contradict parts one and two on several points.

Has Michael's resilience even been explained?

Myers has been called the Boogeyman since the first film and I happen to believe that his insanity as a child tapped into something primal a la the whole Samhain argument from the second film.

Actually, He has been called "The Shape", not Boogeyman

The Shape is a nickname that came up later on. He was called the Boogeyman first.

Jason gets rather foggy in places because he supposedly "died" as a kid, but then showed up full grown in Part 2, and was portrayed as nothing more than a very strong human until he died again in part 4. He stayed dead, just as a human would, until the lightning bolt brought him back as a zombie in 6. From that point on, he's clearly portrayed as slow moving and unable to die (since he's already dead).

The big gap in the logic is, how the hell did he go from 9 year old corpse, to full grown mongaloid in the span of a few months? There was never any straight explaination for this, though there are two things to consider.

1) The ending scene in Part 1 with young Jason coming out of the water never happened, and was just a dream.

2) If you want to consider Jason Goes to Hell canon (most fans, including myself, don't), they said that he was possessed by an alien, which would explain how his body grew and matured after he died the first time.

Also, a funny thing to note. After his death in part 4, Jason was supposed to be cremated, but his FATHER intervened to pay for the burial. This is funny since Jason's father has never been mentioned or seen in any of the movies, and was only used to explain the scenerio in which Jason was allowed to come back.

EDIT: To add to the confusion, Wiki says that Jason never actually drowned in the lake, and it was revealed in Part 2 that he'd been living as a hermit in the woods.

In conclusion, no one, not even the people that made the movies, know what the hell he's supposed to be.

Jason gets rather foggy in places because he supposedly "died" as a kid, but then showed up full grown in Part 2, and was portrayed as nothing more than a very strong human until he died again in part 4. He stayed dead, just as a human would, until the lightning bolt brought him back as a zombie in 6. From that point on, he's clearly portrayed as slow moving and unable to die (since he's already dead).

The big gap in the logic is, how the hell did he go from 9 year old corpse, to full grown mongaloid in the span of a few months? There was never any straight explaination for this, though there are two things to consider.

1) The ending scene in Part 1 with young Jason coming out of the water never happened, and was just a dream.

2) If you want to consider Jason Goes to Hell canon (most fans, including myself, don't), they said that he was possessed by an alien, which would explain how his body grew and matured after he died the first time.

Also, a funny thing to note. After his death in part 4, Jason was supposed to be cremated, but his FATHER intervened to pay for the burial. This is funny since Jason's father has never been mentioned or seen in any of the movies, and was only used to explain the scenerio in which Jason was allowed to come back.

EDIT: To add to the confusion, Wiki says that Jason never actually drowned in the lake, and it was revealed in Part 2 that he'd been living as a hermit in the woods.

In conclusion, no one, not even the people that made the movies, know what the hell he's supposed to be.

Ok so basically he didn't die as a kid lived as a hermit then took revenge on people after his mothers death (who basically was revenging his supposed death) untill he finally died. Then he was ressurected as a zombie after a lightning strike and has been ever since.

I thought Jason goes to hell the entity was a demon? And surprisingly I don't hate that movie.