PlayStation 2: Round One

Missy

PlayStation 2: Round One  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shadow of the Colossus. It broke the most ground. Every other game in this round, while good or influental in their own right, is a sequel. The closest thing even resembling it is Ico, and even then, the premise and gameplay are completely different.

Frankly, it's a freaking travesty more people haven't played it, and never will.

I voted for Final Fantasy X. There is just so much to do and enjoy and has one of the better endings in a video game...

(spoilers)

...when you find out not just one but two main charcters were already dead. After 40 plus hours of playing you get emotionally attached to the characters so you actually care. I didn't cry though...I swear it was just a little dust thats all...

Edited by James to emphasize the spoiler warning.

Awesome poll...

I am not a big fan of Tekken specifically and fighting games in general, Tekken 5 is not even a contender.

I never got to play that version of Ratchet Clank but I loved the two previous incarnations. But even those wouldn't beat the others in this block.

So really there's only three possibilities:

Final Fantasy X - This game was quite awesome and I really liked the battle system (which is one thing I hate in many rpgs, outside of this game and Xenogears), plus the ability to switch characters ruled. THe story was really fun. The only drag was Tidus sucked as a main character. Horrible. Definitely a contender but my bias for action games puts it third.

Shadow of the Collossus: Although this game is AMAZING to look at, quite the challenge to play, and has a great combination of everything, it's missing the Instant Gratification that I get while playing Grand Theft Auto and the depth of things to do.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - And my pick. Although this was a sequel of previous games, I don't think the previous incarnations are going to be on other polls. This game is so awesome, wows me even today. Although the setting was not as great as Miami 1980's Scarface in Vice City, this game does well with any setting it has. Just really fun to play, and I think funner and less frustrating than Shadow of the Collosus (well most of the time).