Alan Moore on the Simpsons!

Dread

From Newsarama

It’s only natural really, though it may sound odd-ish. Alan Moore is going to guest star on an episode of The Simpsons.

According to Nothants News.com, the ball began rolling last summer when Melinda Gebbie, Moore’s collaborator on Lost Girls and fiancée was in the US for Comic-Con and to promote Lost Girls. As the paper reports, Moore is a long-time fan of The Simpsons, and was thrilled with the idea when it was pitched to him after a producer from the series approached Gebbie.

"I was happy to do it. I'm a big fan of The Simpsons." Moore told the paper. And – for those keeping track of Moore’s affection for US-produced animation, the writer has revealed to Newsarama and other outlets that he’s also a huge fan of South Park.

As for Moore’s storyline, he will voice a character in a subplot which sees a new “cool” comic shop opening in Springfield, in competition with Android’s Dungeon (operated by wince-inducing Comic Book Guy). No air date for the episode, entitled "Husbands and Knives" has been announced.

Alan Moore makes me all happy in my head. :w00t:

Does anyone else think that this is a bigger guest than Stan Lee??

Infinitely bigger.

Alan Moore doesn't even like his own stuff let alone things on network tlevision. The most fickle human alive is a pot-smoking warlock from Northern England and he's going to guest on Simpsons because he's a big fan.

In fact, Stan Lee is a bit of a shill and doesn't take much prodding to put himself on TV. I would compare this to the snaring of reclusive postmodern novelist Thomas Pynchon a few seasons ago.