GameCube: Round Five

Missy

GameCube: Round Five  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ugh. This is a tough, tough choice. RE4 pulled the MASSIVE miracle of actually getting me to enjoy a Resident Evil game, and I actually had more fun playing that the first time through than I did with Smash Bros. But Smash Bros. has SO much replay value and battles with friends are some of the best times I've had on the GameCube.

I'll have to stick with the good old coin flip. *flips* Looks like I'm going with Smash Bros.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Say what you will about the cartoony graphics, after a few minutes of gameplay they're an afterthought because you're so engrossed in the story and action. Splendid entry into the Zelda franchise, this one is. Hopefully we'll see more LoZ games done in this style after Phantom Hourglass.

Metroid Prime: Looks great, but I just can't wrap my head around the controls.

Resident Evil 4: To paraphrase you, Pablo, RE4 is the reason to own a GameCube. The action is intense and instant, the story yanks you in, graphically this is the best GameCube title, with loads of unlockables and sub-missions there's tons of replay value (I beat it four times, once straight through), some of the deaths are downright brutal and it legitimately made me jump several times. As awesome as Wind Waker is, RE4 is that much better; there is no better game on the 'Cube!

Super Mario Sunshine: Fun Mario game which is needlessly shit on by fans, but it isn't the best Mario title... or the best game here.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Like Halo, I just do not get the appeal.

I love Resident Evil 4. It's one of the greatest Game Cube games of all time, and up there with some of the greatest titles of all time period. The work Capcom did to change the series was amazing and the graphics are some of the best I've seen.

BUT.... as great a game that was, Smash Brothers was just as amazing. I remember playing the original N64 version and thinking it was a pretty damn good game. When I got the Cube version, I didn't expect it to be a much better, but got blown away by all the things there was to do in it. Mechanics weren't cahnged much, but there was just so many little things to do in it and some of the stages were just extremly fun to play on. Having friends who actually liked the game didn't hurt it since I had lots of competitive battles against them to increase my enjoyment of it.

So yeah, Resident Evil 4 is an absolutely amazing game. But just barely gets beat out by Smash Brothers.