Batman Beyond/Of The Future

Luke

I always preferred Batman: The Animated Series to Batman: Beyond. However, this is not to say that B:B was a bad show--far from it. It was great, in fact.

Return of the Joker is one of the greatest animated movies of the last decade. The whole thing was intense, memorable, and action-packed. Plus, the dialogue was brilliant. I hope you've seen the uncut version and not the pussified TV version, though, because taking out all the violent parts really numbs it down badly.

I hope you've seen the uncut version and not the pussified TV version, though, because taking out all the violent parts really numbs it down badly.

Oh my God! I bought a bootleg copy of this, and it is insane! I hope they release this version on DVD at some point.

I hope you've seen the uncut version and not the pussified TV version, though, because taking out all the violent parts really numbs it down badly.

Oh my God! I bought a bootleg copy of this, and it is insane! I hope they release this version on DVD at some point.

They have.

They have.

No way! :OMG: Totally uncut?!

I've always preferred BTAS just because it's classic Batman, but I'll give Batman Beyond it's props. It was a good series but it hurt from not establishing a good cast of new villains - the highlights were always the episodes that featured old villains. Ie/ it was interesting that Freeze had survived the whole time and having Ra's Al Ghul was also a logical choice to have.

Return of the Joker was classic. It incorporated the best aspects of the Beyond series with the best Batman villain ever (Hamill rules at characterisation) and a good story. I don't know if I've seen the uncut version or not. Could someone say what the differences were?

I don't know if I've seen the uncut version or not. Could someone say what the differences were?

Taken from the back of my bootleg:

Bonk is shot.

The Joker gets shot instead of slipping in water/getting electrocuted off screen.

The Joker slices Batman's chest, who bleeds.

Half of the "Our Family Memories" scene is cut from the PG version. (Including a scene where Joker opens a barbeque lid, grabs electrified tongs, and shocks Robin.)

Bruce says, "Robin killed him." (Not, "Robin defeated him.")

There's more, but most are small things.

They have.

No way! :OMG: Totally uncut?!

Yes. I've seen it at Media Play and Best Buy stores. I also heard it's available on Amazon.com, but I've not yet checked.

Return of the Joker was classic. It incorporated the best aspects of the Beyond series with the best Batman villain ever (Hamill rules at characterisation) and a good story. I don't know if I've seen the uncut version or not. Could someone say what the differences were?

Basically, they took out all the "violent" moments that might have been too much for young children to see. Such as:

--Joker stabbing and slicing Batman with a knife

--Robin shooting Joker with the bang flag gun, killing him. It also showed the flag sticking out of Joker's bloody chest, so...

There were several others, but I can't remember them now. :doh:

I don't know if I've seen the uncut version or not. Could someone say what the differences were?

Taken from the back of my bootleg:

Bonk is shot.

The Joker gets shot instead of slipping in water/getting electrocuted off screen.

The Joker slices Batman's chest, who bleeds.

Half of the "Our Family Memories" scene is cut from the PG version. (Including a scene where Joker opens a barbeque lid, grabs electrified tongs, and shocks Robin.)

Bruce says, "Robin killed him." (Not, "Robin defeated him.")

There's more, but most are small things.

Then I think I've seen a the uncut version. :)