Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

RSS

The drop-off in quality from the first Mortal Kombat movie to its sequel is comparable to the difference in taste between a fresh Maine lobster and a rotting anchovy. That isn't to say that Mortal Kombat the movie was a five-star classic, because it wasn't. Far from it, in fact. It's just that the differential is truly that astronomical.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/m/mortal-kombat-annihilation

I remember Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation being massive dissapointments when I was a kid. I rented out MK:A despite all the terrible reviews thinking "this will be the most awesome thing ever". Man did I set myself up for dissapointment.

A bit off topic, I actually watched BloodRayne recently too, just to say I've actually seen a Uwe Boll film. I actually laughed out loud during several points because of how stupid it was. I can't believe how much unintentional hilarity there is in that movie.

Fun fact:

Despite the fact that Bloodrayne only brought in like $3.6 million, Uwe Boll is going to direct a sequel to it. Yep, a second Bloodrayne movie (without Kristanna Loken btw) called Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance. I don't know whether to feel overjoyed at getting to thrash another Uwe Boll movie, or nauseated at the thought of having to go watch another Uwe Boll movie.

Fun fact:

Despite the fact that Bloodrayne only brought in like $3.6 million, Uwe Boll is going to direct a sequel to it. Yep, a second Bloodrayne movie (without Kristanna Loken btw) called Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance. I don't know whether to feel overjoyed at getting to thrash another Uwe Boll movie, or nauseated at the thought of having to go watch another Uwe Boll movie.

You know Uwe Boll, being pissed at all his critics, actually went into the ring with a few of them recently. He apparently kicked their asses. Including the ass of an 16 year old, but the 16 year old gave him the best fight.

Here is the article.

Raging Boll:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.12/ragingboll.html

Christ, this brought back some memories. I've still got the first MK movie on tape somewhere, and it's actually great. Annhilation is one of the worst things I've ever experienced in life, ever. Killing Cage so early on was pathetic. Yeah, he's supposed to die at the END of the MK2 game, and had they filmed that with a molecule of effort, it could have been a great 'sacrifice' type ending to the film. The biggest rape imho, though was the lack of Christopher Lambert. And then the new guy gets a short haircut.

I do like Brian Thomson (Shao Khan), though, because of The X-Files.

Fun fact:

You know Uwe Boll, being pissed at all his critics, actually went into the ring with a few of them recently. He apparently kicked their asses. Including the ass of an 16 year old, but the 16 year old gave him the best fight.

Here is the article.

Raging Boll:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.12/ragingboll.html

It was actually Chris Alexander from Rue Morgue Magazine (the one pictured at the link in the luchadore mask) that gave him the most lumps and put in the best fight. He's making a documentary called "The Manouver in Vancouver." It'll be sweet.

Boll, a former pro boxer, pummeled everyone in sight mercilessly because they thought the whole thing was about publicity, it was. However, he enjoyed every minute of it. The November issue of Rue Morgue Magazine has a great feature on the man and the event.

As far as the article, I've never seen Annihiliation. I'm of the opinion that the first one sucked so I stayed away.