Original X-Men

Tom Cataldi

Who'd win?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Place - Danger Room

Conditions - Back in the day, when all five were students at the Institute. Angel's still got the normal wings. Jean's still Marvel Girl. Beast doesn't have the hair. They're not fighting to the death, just kind of like a training exercise. Who'd come out on top?

Cyclops -- Scott may have been young, but he had a grasp on his power -- already having the ability to shorten and widen out the beam depending on the task at hand or number of enemies. He's the definition of calm, cool and collected, and though he would never want to hurt his friends, he wouldn't hold back in the pursuit of bettering himself and his teammates. Should he remove the visor completely, which he rarely does, the blast would be powerful enough to disintegrate body parts and walls.

Marvel Girl -- Jean's telekinetic powers were still untapped at the time. She could lift smaller objects (i.e. books, knives) and push/pull others (i.e. doors, Xavier), but that's about it. If possessed, someone could force/use her to fling hundreds of metal shards or knives at her teammates -- but this isn't the case.

Beast -- Agile and smart, but back then (still?) he abhorred violence -- even in training exercises. Hank did fight when it was for a cause (RE: Xavier's dream), but for the most part he jumps around a lot. That might make him somewhat evasive, but not so much when his teammates have optic blasts, TK, ice powers, and wings.

Angel -- Warren's wings make him as agile as Beast, if not more so, but what can he really do when it comes to fighting? Once in a while he was able to create small wind gusts with his wings, knocking opponents off their feet -- but that's not going to win a fight. Tack on his metal wings and his chances rise, but his natural feather wings can too easily be harmed by fire or projectiles.

Iceman -- Back then Bobby didn't do much more than turn into a snowman, throw ice/snowballs, and cover people in frost. He had a few tricks up his frozen sleeves, but not enough to win.

Winner: Cyclops

I guess Marvel Girl could try and fling things at the other teammates, but like Yoda said, she wasn't all that adept with her powers at that point. I'm gonna go with Cyclops too.

An interesting thought is who would win if it was modern day? Furry Beast, non-snowman Iceman, etc.

I guess Marvel Girl could try and fling things at the other teammates, but like Yoda said, she wasn't all that adept with her powers at that point. I'm gonna go with Cyclops too.

An interesting thought is who would win if it was modern day? Furry Beast, non-snowman Iceman, etc.

That would EASILY be Jean Grey.

Cyclops, my friends.

Just too bad Wolverine wasn't around this early... He'd have kicked Cyclops' ass.

Don't be so sure. Remember that the AOA Wolverine only had one hand because Cyclops blew it off. One powerful shot at Logan's neck, and off comes his head -- and good ol' Logan ain't growin that back.

Cyclops, my friends.

Just too bad Wolverine wasn't around this early... He'd have kicked Cyclops' ass.

Don't be so sure. Remember that the AOA Wolverine only had one hand because Cyclops blew it off. One powerful shot at Logan's neck, and off comes his head -- and good ol' Logan ain't growin that back.

Um...how is Cyc's beam going to cut through adamantium vertebrae? :huh:

Um...how is Cyc's beam going to cut through adamantium vertebrae? :huh:

He destroyed Logan's hand in AOA, leaving only the claws sheathed in his forearm, so at full blast he should be able to take the man's head off. And if the beam strikes between two adjoining vertebrae (between the metal) it would hit fibrocartilage, which is a tissue and therefore not coated in Adamantium.

• 1 month later...