Next tournament?

Missy

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but not enough members watch anime to vote. Same with the RPG tournament: not enough E2 members play 'em to make it a viable option.

This is basically a nutshell of why I haven't been able to find the time to do it. I can't justify spending the necessary time on writing up all those dozens of profiles to have like 4-5 votes per poll. I have far too many other things I'm working on at the present time (my AMV's, the E2 Awards, personal projects, and with baseball season coming up--the Sports Oratory, etc.) to do that. Once we start getting more people in the anime/manga forum, then I will be glad to pick it back up. I don't want to abandon the tourney. I just need to see that people will actually have an interest in it, so that it can be placed higher on my To Do list.

-Best North American animated TV Show?

-Best Disney Movie?

-Best North American Animated Movie?

-Best Nicktoon?

I say N.A. for those because due to the lack of anime watchers any anime that should hold their own or wipe the floor (Grave of the Fireflies ftw btw) may be thrown out early.

I think a good one would be a tournament of the top movie franchises.

Would this include all franchises (i.e. Rocky, Die Hard, etc.), or simply sci-fi, horror and comic book adaptations?

I would say all franchises. Just have members submit thier own list and assign points based on occurence to figure out what gets in. Personally, I would have the Dirty Harry series which isn't sci-fi, horror, or comic book.

Talk show hosts! Has this been done yet?

Opening match would be Rush Limbaugh vs. Al Franken in a steel cage. If Limbaugh loses, he has to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008. If Franken loses, he has to vote for Newt Gingrich.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How about Best Teenage Superhero? On one side of the brackets we'll have current teen heroes (e.g. Tim Drake, Blue Beetle, Ultimate Spider-Man, Cassie Sandsmark, etc.) and on the other side we'll have classic teen heroes (e.g. Bucky, Superboy, Kon-El, Kid Flash, etc.). By putting current and classic heroes on different sides, we're guaranteed a current v classic finals.

To be considered for the "current" side:

- They must be active (RE: not dead).

- They must be teenagers.

- They must be heroes.

To be considered for the "classic" side:

- They can no longer be teenagers.

- They can either be dead, inactive or grown up (e.g. Impulse, Batgirl and Nightwing respectively).

I see this as either a 32- or 64-character tournament.

Thoughts?