There are no words to express how angry I am.

Missy

Basically, someone at the lending company didn't do their job properly, and we're paying the price. With only 18 hours before closing, we were told the closing would have to be delayed until Tuesday due to whatever lame excuse the mortgage lender gave Jenny. Even worse, if the closing should get delayed again (which is a very real possibility), we won't be able to close until the following Monday because our lawyer will be out of town until then.

Honestly, now that I've had time to sleep on it, I feel worse for the couple we're buying the condo from. They were set to close on the place they were buying after they finished with us today. Since we're not closing today, they might not be able to close on their new place because they needed the funds from the sale to facilitate the buy. Due to this, they're talking about taking legal action against our mortgage lender, because they're losing money even as I type this and they could potentially lose the place they were attempting to buy. It's a crappy situation no matter how you slice it.

Basically, someone at the lending company didn't do their job properly, and we're paying the price. With only 18 hours before closing, we were told the closing would have to be delayed until Tuesday due to whatever lame excuse the mortgage lender gave Jenny. Even worse, if the closing should get delayed again (which is a very real possibility), we won't be able to close until the following Monday because our lawyer will be out of town until then.

Honestly, now that I've had time to sleep on it, I feel worse for the couple we're buying the condo from. They were set to close on the place they were buying after they finished with us today. Since we're not closing today, they might not be able to close on their new place because they needed the funds from the sale to facilitate the buy. Due to this, they're talking about taking legal action against our mortgage lender, because they're losing money even as I type this and they could potentially lose the place they were attempting to buy. It's a crappy situation no matter how you slice it.

Fuck!

All is not lost. Fucking money people piss me off so much. Our mortgage was okay but I've experienced so much bullshit with lenders not coming through it's ridiculous.

My recent saga is that the payroll dumbass at the local head office only sent Megan's substitute teacher hours through to EI. So when they were approving her maternity leave they only saw something like 75 hours of work as opposed to the 600 hours needed over the past year. So we are a single income family for the next few weeks until they get their asses in gear.

This is the same woman who paid me for full-time work when I was teaching summer school although I was only on a 0.4 contract. No pay stubs were mailed to me because postal systemes were off during the summer so I had to pay over 2000 bucks on my first 3 paychecks in the fall. :grumble:

Anyway, look at it as a break in between packing an moving....picnic in between the cardboard towers of your living room and you'll look back at it when you're in the new home and shake your heads.

As far as legal action: be careful who you piss off. They do hold your mortgage.

Mike, are you going to have to pay more money for this? (I know next to nothing about mortgages and buying houses, so I'm completely in the dark here.)

Not as far as I know. When I said, "... and we're paying the price," I meant in terms of lost time, anger, frustration and all that. Sorry 'bout any confusion.

It's ours! :w00t: Now all we need to do is clean, clean, clean! (Well, and then move our stuff.)

But there was a snag: the mortgage lender forgot to add our down payment into the final numbers. How the bloody fucking hell does a bank forget to ask for a down payment? Hell, we told them several times there would be a down payment, yet they still forgot. So, because of that, our monthly fee is a little higher than expected. I hate this bank! :grumble:

It's ours! :w00t: Now all we need to do is clean, clean, clean! (Well, and then move our stuff.)

But there was a snag: the mortgage lender forgot to add our down payment into the final numbers. How the bloody fucking hell does a bank forget to ask for a down payment? Hell, we told them several times there would be a down payment, yet they still forgot. So, because of that, our monthly fee is a little higher than expected. I hate this bank! :grumble:

They can't change that when it's their fault? Fuck. Your bank sucks! Bankers are bottom feeders. Chastising and punishing you for mistakes whether it was you who made them or not.

More importantly: Congratulations!!!

Jen left a message with the bank a little while ago. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon. My hope is that they'll offer us a refinancing for free; that would allow us to give them the down payment and possibly receive a lower rate. (Our rate is fine, 6.something, but a lower one would be a nice gesture.)