Star Trek XI

Missy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After months of speculation, J.J. Abrams has signed on to direct the next installment of the "Star Trek" feature franchise, sources said late Friday. "Star Trek XI" revolves around a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, chronicling their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first space mission.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...8188c7f10902b44

I"m up for anything with a Star Trek movie. It's not like any of the others have been very good. Except Wrath of Khan. That was bitchin'!

I'd like to see an expansion of the universe but if they were to do a movie based on any of the TV series I would only want to see DS9: the only one of the series worth watching all the way through.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah DS9 was brillant the whole time, it didn't seem to have as many bad eps like Next Gen or Voyager had. I'm not saying Next Gen was as bad as Voyager, but there was a couple of eps from each series of Next Gen that I could have done without watching. Voyager was inverse to Next Gen very few good eps amd lots of terrible ones.

I think Quinto is a good choice for Spock.

• 2 months later...
John Cho (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle) has been cast as Sulu, the Enterprise's helmsman, while Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) has signed on to play Scotty, the ship's Scottish chief engineer, in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek feature for Paramount.

Already on board are Eric Bana as the villain, Nero, Zoe Saldana as Uhura and Anton Yelchin as a young Chekov, the Russian-born navigator, as well as Zachary Quinto as a young Spock. Leonard Nimoy, who originated the role of Spock, is on board as well. Chris Pine is in talks to play the young Kirk.

The movie is expected to shoot from November-March.

Plot details are begin kept under wraps, but it is understood that the movie chronicles the early days of the Enterprise crew. The lead roles remaining to be cast are Christopher Pike, the first captain of the Enterprise, and Kirk's parents.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=38287

I'm glad to see both guys from Harold and Kumar getting good work. The guy that plays Kumar is on House now. I am a huge fane of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead so I'm happy about Simon Pegg also. It does seem odd that the biggest roles both of them have had were comedies. Scotty is sort of the comic relief, but Sulu?

Chris Pine is rumored to be Kirk.

Actually it's confirmed now. From Joe Carnahan's blog:

Kids:

The young man playing Junior Stemmons has opted to 'boldly go where no man

has gone before' and thus, had to bow out of WHITE JAZZ. I've been talking

to him this past week and knew how tough the decision had to be for him.

I don't envy ever being in that spot but I gave him my full support, even if

it meant he didn't do JAZZ. I get it. You don't get opportunities like that

often and I told him as long as he could control as much of that process as

possible and not get sucked into doing lesser sequels as a result of taking

this gig, then good luck and God bless.

We're sure to do something down the road. I've already slotted him in for

KILLING PABLO.

JC

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34452

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah DS9 was brillant the whole time, it didn't seem to have as many bad eps like Next Gen or Voyager had. I'm not saying Next Gen was as bad as Voyager, but there was a couple of eps from each series of Next Gen that I could have done without watching. Voyager was inverse to Next Gen very few good eps amd lots of terrible ones.

I think Quinto is a good choice for Spock.

DS9 is almost notch and notch with Next Gen. They were able to do something Voyager couldn't created badguys and not have to job the Borg out to get them over. Ryder? Everyone better keep a close eye on their stuff...

J.J. Abrams has confirmed that Jennifer Morrison, who plays the title character’s medical protégé on “House,” is in Abrams’ new “Star Trek” movie.

"She is indeed in the movie," Abrams tells TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello, "and she is most excellent!"

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34769

I heart Jennifer Morrison, and I'm a huge House fan so this is good news to me.

Also this is rumored to be the plot:

* Romulans from the future find and use the Guardian of Forever (address: City on the Edge of Forever) to go back in time to kill the ruinous Romulan nemesis, James Tiberius Kirk.

* Old Spock (Leonard Nimoy) then travels back through time to warn Young Spock (Zach Quinto) of the plot to kill Kirk.

* When the two Spocks first meet, it is before Young Spock has met Young Kirk (Christopher Pine).

* When we first meet Young Kirk, he is dealing with Starfleet’s no-win Kobayashi Maru test.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34770

quintospock3or9.th.jpg

also, about that plot:

HARLAN ELLISON

- Monday, November 12 2007 10:19:47

THAT STAR TREK BUSINESS

MARK GOLDBERG or ANYONE ELSE:

Would someone go to that site, and suggest to those people there, that "City" and all its elements EXCEPT specific Star Trek characters, belong to Harlan Ellison--author of that much-lauded episode--by terms of the Separation of Rights clause of the Writers Guild's Minimum Basic Agreement (MBA), and if Mr. Abrams--with whom I'm currently on strike--or anyone else, at Paramount or elsewhere, thinks they're going to use MY creations--whether the City, the Guardians, Sister Edith Keeler, or any other elements CREATED BY HARLAN ELLISON...they had damned well better lose the unilateral arrogance, get in touch with me, or my agent, Marty Shapiro, and be prepared to pay for the privilege of mining the lode I own.

Thank you, and thank Peter David, who just called to alert me, as have you, Mark, to yet another gimmegimme grab by Paramount and the Star trek francchise that makes billions, but withholds recognition or recompense to the artists who labored in that vein.

Yr. Pal, Harlan

Someone's pissy.

Ben Cross has been cast as Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock in the upcoming Star Trek feature film.

Cross, a graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, rose to international stardom with his breakout role as runner Harold Abrahams in the Academy Award-winning 1981 film Chariots of Fire. He will be seen in the upcoming Hero Wanted with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ray Liotta.

He will be paired with Winona Ryder, portraying Spock's human mother Amanda Grayson. The young Spock will be played by Zachary Quinto.

The film, currently in production under the direction of J.J. Abrams, is scheduled for release on Christmas Day 2008.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=39443

They also cleared up the fact that Spock's mom was human.

• 2 weeks later...
In an interview with Starburst magazine, "Star Trek" alum George Takei ("Heroes") says that he will make a brief appearance in J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek movie.

Takei is will star opposite Leonard Nimoy as Spock in a flash forward scene, he says. There's no word if Takei will be playing an older Hikaru Sulu or another character.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=39825