Nerd Moments

Chops

So we've all had those moments where we've stopped and said to ourselves, "Man, I'm a nerd." So i thought it would be fun to share some.

My most recent one would have to from playing FFXII last year. During the Gilgamesh mark hunt, I recognized and named all the swords he uses during both parts of the fight.

I own both Kingdom Hearts soundtracks.

I never thought of owning soundtracks as being "nerdy". I'm a huge fan of orchestra's and own alot of movie/video game soundtracks. Too me that was just appreciating beautiful music rather than nerdy, just because it was composed for a video game doesn't make it just for nerds.

<----- That's my actual hand

That's pretty slick.

I own both Kingdom Hearts soundtracks.

I never thought of owning soundtracks as being "nerdy". I'm a huge fan of orchestra's and own alot of movie/video game soundtracks. Too me that was just appreciating beautiful music rather than nerdy, just because it was composed for a video game doesn't make it just for nerds.

True, but this is Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy V. :angel:

I own too many anime and CG soundtracks to list, anyway. Maybe those don't make me nerdy in and of themselves; but they enhance my geekdom.

BAM.

- Was a member of the chess club, drama club, and the AV club.

- Collected Magic: the Gathering and Dragonball Z cards.

- Am a wrestling fan.

- Can call myself a friend of PWF without snickering.

- Lied about my age to a trainer in an attempt to become a wrestler.

- Will pop in a Jim Cornette shoot video whenever I need some background TV.

- Once did a 22 post RP for an e-fed.

- Am still an active part of said e-fed.

- Once wrote an ESSAY explaining an e-fed angle.

- Was once the booker of my own e-fed.

- Once wrote a 5000 word column on John Heidenreich.

- Wrote an equally long column comparing wrestlers to MUPPETS~!?!

- Owned at one time close to 300 X-Men action figures in their original packaging.

- Played Vampire: the Masquerade and D&D.

- Painted Warhammer figurines and actually went to the nerd store to play against other people.

- Contribute to Earth-2 and record very long podcast segments about video games.

- Write video game reviews for the same site, along with 411games.

- Own close to 200 T-shirts, all either horror movie, anime, video game, wrestling, or music related.

- Once paid $300 for a video game.

- Didn't go to my senior prom because "the save points are too far apart."

- Own every season of Star Trek: the Next Generation, along with all of the movies.

- Own roughly 600 video games over 14 systems, all of which I've actually found time to play at one point.

- Have actually watched Mortal Kombat: Annihilation over 100 times.

- Once drove across the state for Spike Dudley's autograph.

Have actually watched Mortal Kombat: Annihilation over 100 times.

You should be clinically braindead after watching that movie that many times.

But that reminds me:

--Wrote a 7-page review of MK: Annihilation and an 8-page review of Bloodrayne

--Am currently writing an over 11-page-long review of Street Fighter the Movie and I still have the final 20 horrific minutes left to cover.

-I have listened to the entire first English Sailor Moon Soundtrack 5 times in the last 24 hours (listening to 'My Only Love' from episode 30 right now)

-I have about 20 different AMV ideas running through my head (too bad Movie Maker is more fucked than usual)

-I watch either Kaleido Star or the "GET MOTIVATED!!" scene from AzuManga Diaoh to get motivated for anything

-I read Genshiken and think to myself "Been There"

-I applied to become the host of The ZONE on YTV

-I update people on what stupid music I listen to while I write a list (Rainy Day Man from episode...43 I think)

-I get 95% of the reference from Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series

-I spend every Saturday Night at the Winnipeg Anime Club

-Said Anime Club is my greatest source of social interaction.

-I am in the process of watching ~170 episodes of Sailor Moon for what will probably amount to a 40 minute segment

-I replay a certain scene of the Sailor Moon Dub for its tranwreckish retardedness. Actually fuck it TANGENT TIME!

Real Scene, Serena/Usagi & Mamoru/Darrien get out of a boat and kiss, full frenching here, for about 10 seconds. In the Dub whilst they are kissing they have Darrien and Serena have this exchange while still making out

Darrien: "Serena, have you been eating that sticky caramel bubblegum?"

Serena: "Uh, Why?"

Darrien: "Because I think I may be stuck, that stuff is worse than cement."

Great cover for the ensors, and what makes it worse is later that same episode they have Rini spike everybody's drinks. Date Rape good, kissing bad.

Sorry for going off topic.

-Only other one that springs to mind now is that I am $1500 in debt and am pulling about $300 together to go see ROH in St. Paul

There will be more, now time for Gundam SEED music

• 3 months later...
My most recent one would have to from playing FFXII last year. During the Gilgamesh mark hunt, I recognized and named all the swords he uses during both parts of the fight.

Yeah, but did you notice they were all fakes? There was something minor about each sword that was "off," which was supposed to imply that they were all phonies and he didn't know any better. When he wields Cloud's Buster Sword, for instance, there's a huge kanji character painted on the blade that translates to "imitation."

The second battle with him was tough as hell, regardless.