Dragonball question

James D.

(see below)  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I firmly believe that the Dragonball franchise as a whole should have ended with the final episode of the Perfect Cell saga. Everything was resolved:

--Goku dies an honorable death saving the world from total destruction, and he chooses to stay in the afterlife

--Gohan defeats Cell and becomes the Earth's strongest warrior

--Vegeta finally becomes a full-fledged hero helping Gohan at the critical moment

--Trunks' mission is a success and he returns to the future (and saves his own time)

The Buu sagas were alright, but they were unnecessary. And Dragonball GT fucking sucked.

But what say you?

I don't hate DBGT. It's very well animated and has some badass fighting sequences (the fight between Gohan and Vegeta rules). Who cares if its not canon and if the story is convoluted? It's an action cartoon.

Still...even the Cell saga was unnecessary. It doesn't resolve anything it didn't start. It's already clear Vegeta's had a change of heart, otherwise why didn't he just waste Krillin on Namek (he could have other motivation for leaving Gohan around). Gohan doesn't really need to be cemented as the most powerful person on the planet (just at that point, he kind of is by default), and Japanese fans rejected it and basically forced the return of Goku, anyway. Goku presumably dies an honorable death at Namek (and shouldn't have been able to come back anyway).

The whole thing is just a big mess. Storywise, it should have ended after the original series exhausted Journey to the West. After that, stuff just goes crazy.

Hard to argue with any of that. I just loved the Androids/Perfect Cell saga. It was extremely well written (in my opinion).

I don't think the Cell saga is bad. Some of it is a lot of fun, there are some great moments, and Gohan's rise to power would have made a nice end to the series.

Everybody's got a different threshhold for suspension of disbelief, I guess.

You poor soul

Now, now. Everyone likes their own stuff. Hell, ReLoad is the album got me listening to Metallica originally. :blush:

I'm guessing I should be hiding my love for the Load albums here huh?

Nope. I'll back you up. Both are criminally underrated.

You poor soul

Now, now. Everyone likes their own stuff. Hell, ReLoad is the album got me listening to Metallica originally. :blush:

I'm guessing I should be hiding my love for the Load albums here huh?

Nope. I'll back you up. Both are criminally underrated.

If you didn't get into them until after sold out, I shed a tear for you. The black album is their final album in my world.

Waaaaaah they weren't as metal as before waaaaaaaaah. Can it, it's about the quality of the songs themselves not what flippin' genre they are.

It disgusts me that Metallica gets all this crap for changing their genre a bit, but nooooooo, when the Beatles do it(and do it much, MUCH worse), they're labeled as 'genius'.

Waaaaaah they weren't as metal as before waaaaaaaaah. Can it, it's about the quality of the songs themselves not what flippin' genre they are.

It disgusts me that Metallica gets all this crap for changing their genre a bit, but nooooooo, when the Beatles do it(and do it much, MUCH worse), they're labeled as 'genius'.

The songs were horrible. I'm sorry you can't see that. It has nothing to do with genres.

The songs were horrible. I'm sorry you can't see that. It has nothing to do with genres.

And I'm sorry you're acting like an elitist snob. Don't insult us by saying "they're horrible, sorry you can't see that" as if just because you say it, it makes it true. You have an opinion and you're welcome to it. So do I, and I happen to love the albums. Doesn't mean I'm blind.