Spider-Man 4

Missy

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
An article in UK's Times Online delves into the details of Tobey Maguire's deal to return for back-to-back 'Spider-Man' sequels. According to the report the actor stands to bank $50 million to film parts 4 and 5 of the franchise.

The article actually states that the $50 million figure is part salary and part profit sharing. 'Spider-Man 3' proved that the movies don't have to be good to make money, so Tobey is likely to rake in the full amount on the two films.

However, key to the deal was the allocation of "family time" to Maguire, who has a young daughter. Word is that shooting back-to-back films is a grueling process that takes its toll on the leading man . Keanu Reeves is cited in the article as being drained by the 'Matrix' movies.

The 'Spider Man 4 and 5' shoot is set for a six month period in 2009. Tobey will have "early mornings and evenings" off, according to the report.

The article also suggests that the Kirsten Dunst question will be settled this week.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=35597

To me, it's not worth giving him so much to keep Toby Maguire. They could get anyone in Hollywood to play that part for less money and time off. The movies would still make money without him.

An article in UK's Times Online delves into the details of Tobey Maguire's deal to return for back-to-back 'Spider-Man' sequels. According to the report the actor stands to bank $50 million to film parts 4 and 5 of the franchise.

The article actually states that the $50 million figure is part salary and part profit sharing. 'Spider-Man 3' proved that the movies don't have to be good to make money, so Tobey is likely to rake in the full amount on the two films.

However, key to the deal was the allocation of "family time" to Maguire, who has a young daughter. Word is that shooting back-to-back films is a grueling process that takes its toll on the leading man . Keanu Reeves is cited in the article as being drained by the 'Matrix' movies.

The 'Spider Man 4 and 5' shoot is set for a six month period in 2009. Tobey will have "early mornings and evenings" off, according to the report.

The article also suggests that the Kirsten Dunst question will be settled this week.

To me, it's not worth giving him so much to keep Tony Maguire. They could get anyone in Hollywood to play that part for less money and time off. The movies would still make money without him.

No kidding. I would have done it for half that amount.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK at first when Marvel decided to do the movies I was very skeptical on any of the actors playing the parts the only 2 I really was psyched for was

Stewart -Proffesor X

Mckellen- Magneto

I was kinda on the fence about all the others BUT then I saw the movie and I believe no one else can play those characters.

Just as I balked at the idea of Tobey Maguire Mr. Pleasentville, Cats & Dogs could pull off Peter Parker and Spidey

BUT again once I saw it (to borrow a Stan Lee phrase) I became a true believer

The same thing happened with:

Daredevil

Iron Man

The Punisher (2004) Yes I liked it I'm not thrilled with the NEW one that's coming out.

Hulk (2003) I never cared for it's basically Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with marvel characters DAMN YOU ang lee (just my opinion)

The Incredible Hulk I haven't seen yet so I'm reserving judgement

I'm psyched for X-Men Origins: Wolverine although I thought they should have brought Brian Cox back as Stryker

my point to all this is the actors that play the main marvel heroes and villans in my opinion ARE THE ONLY ONES who should play them

:ot: just like my opinion of the DCAU voices are whomever originated the voice THAT is the character (exception is Tim Daly and George Newbern) I never noticed a difference in their voices Yeah I know they're different but it sounded the same to me.

anyways that's my offering to the the topic

To me, it's not worth giving him so much to keep Toby Maguire. They could get anyone in Hollywood to play that part for less money and time off. The movies would still make money without him.

What does it matter? Maguire should've fleeced them for more.

They don't need to reboot the franchise. Not ever issue can be solved by scribbling out the last three movies. Hell, that's one of the things Superman Returns did right.

Honestly, the franchise, storylinewise is in a great place. Harry is dead, so there's no more of the Goblin crap. MJ and Peter are together, but in a rocky place. They can either bring them closer, via a supervillain getting their hands on her, or that could drive them apart, either by Peter saying that "It's too dangerous for you" or MJ actually dying. Fuck, they could even kill off Aunt May like Joey Q was too big of a pussy to do.

This Spider-Man franchise is in need of a reboot badly just as some other the others are. I would suggest the same thing for the current Batman franchise as well, and I know there are some who would frown upon that idea.

I really don't want to see any of the characters that they decide to bring into the next film get the watered down treatment.

I'd like to see how the series goes with a whole new cast, but with it still technically continuing on after Spiderman 3. It could be absofuckinglutely horrible, but at least it would be something fresh. I was so let down by the last movie that I want to see part 4 go in a whole new direction. I want to see what they can do with a new cast and director, but I don't want them to retread ground that they've already covered.

This Spider-Man franchise is in need of a reboot badly just as some other the others are. I would suggest the same thing for the current Batman franchise as well, and I know there are some who would frown upon that idea.

Why would you reboot the current Batman franchise?

How in the world does the Nolan Batman need a reboot?

Does Iron Man need a reboot, too? Hulk might as well start over again, too, while we're at it.

See, thats just the thing. The way you phrased it, Nolan's Batman. I would have such great respect for a film crew who would translate the source material accurately to film instead of a director putting his stamp on it and material getting watered down. 'Cause that's what happens.

I liked 'Batman Begins' a hell of a lot, but it shouldn't be hold in such high regard as a highly respectably made Batman film.

Scarecrow would not have been my choice for the first movie's villain. It should have been The Penguin since he fits with a organized crime story better than The Scarecrow. The rendition of The Scarecrow pretty muched sucked anyways.

And it would be real nice not to have a love interest attached to every Batman film.

There's no way in hell they would listen to the option of a reboot, especially one with the first installment detailing the Batman's origin accurately. A shame that they couldn't get more right than they did from the beginning.

I honestly don't want them to get it anymore "right". Whenever we see a new superhero movie, we get an origin story. It's fun every now and again, but I'm getting bored of it at this stage. If they ever decide to reboot Batman, I'd want them to skip the origin story entirely. People already have a pretty good idea of how Batman's story begins, I don't think they need to see it again with a few more details changed.

Personally, after TDK I want the next couple of Batmen movies to stick with Nolan's spin on the universe. For me, it's just right in terms of realism and grittiness, and I don’t really care that much about the finer details. Accuracy is nice and all, but I’m more than happy for things to get changed if it helps to create a better film.

And it would be real nice not to have a love interest attached to every Batman film.

For some reason Hollywood thinks every movie needs a love interest, especially hero action movies. It's my biggest gripe about films. I can't wait to see The Punisher fall in love and her get killed cause you know it'll happen <_<

It is a formula that needs to be dropped from superhero films. It probably won't be though because it's part of how Hollywood tries to make these characters more relatable.