Spider-Man 4

Missy

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of her recent movies have made any real money, if any at all. She proved she can't headline a movie if Spider-Man isn't in it. Her career is dependent on the series, and it would be a huge mistake to turn it down. Marie Antoinette was a critical disaster, and How to Loose Friends only made like 40 percent of it's money back. If she turned down Spider-Man 4, she would basically disappear into the indi film scene.

She was an actress before Spider-man, as well as during the films' era. She may not get Julia Roberts-level money, but she can certainly stay afloat, even if only on indie films.

(however, if her career *did* die, I'd not be unhappy. :))

But seriously, she'll do it. Except for these movies, her career is as dead as Ben Parker.

Not really. Prior to 2004 she averaged three films a year. Shes done one film a year since 2005 which were all good to giant-sized projects like Marie Anoinette, How To Lose Friends or Spider-man 3. This year she is set to do three films including one for the Weinsteins, one for Warner and producing and starring in another for Paramount. I'd say any lull in activity in her career didn't really hurt her with regard to her status in the business.

I actually like Kirsten Dunst, I always have, its just that she's not suited to the role of Mary Jane at all. She's very good in most of her other work.

None of her recent movies have made any real money, if any at all. She proved she can't headline a movie if Spider-Man isn't in it. Her career is dependent on the series, and it would be a huge mistake to turn it down. Marie Antoinette was a critical disaster, and How to Loose Friends only made like 40 percent of it's money back. If she turned down Spider-Man 4, she would basically disappear into the indi film scene.

Marie Antoinette got about 88% on Rotten Tomatoes amongst the Top Critics category, which is far from a critical disaster. I'm also not calling her a major draw by herself, that isn't the case with a lot of mid-level stars in hollywood. Its the projects she works on that draw in their own right. How to lose friends was a Simon Pegg vehicle first and foremost, I don't think its failure can be attached to Dunst because between Pegg and Megan Fox you probably wouldn't even notice she was in it from the advertising. She was there to be good in her role, and as usual she was.

I got it from the page you are linking to. It clearly says 88%. 7 of the 8 critics on that page think its a good film.

It says the overall score of real critics is 49%. You might have been looking at one page of reviews.

newbitmapimagezrn.th.png

My point is that the Spider-Man movies would do just fine with or without her, but she will never headline a blockbuster again without it being one. She just isn't a big enough star to carry one, and never will be. She needs Spider-Man more than it needs her, and they shouldn't beg her to come back.

Its too late for your rational words! Pistols at dawn sir! I shall not have you insult the lady!

Seriously though, I do agree with some of Jack's points. She's not best served in blockbuster films, and I'm not over-eager to see her take on the role of MJ for a fourth time. Hopefully they can do something to move her out of the picture in the next film. Not saying I want her gone without explanation but they shouldn't be counting on bringing her back anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Due to the past two Raimi films I have seen, I have NO positive expectations for this movie. I'll see it, but as a rental. I'll use a free one at that.

Other than the Evil Dead movies nothing he has directed I find to be all that good honestly.

One word: Darkman.