Street Fighter casting news

Missy

Why not have Jessica Biel play Cammy?

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. It seems like video game movies are almost inherently guaranteed to suck.

Resident Evil being one of the RARE exceptions.

In what way are any of the three Resident Evil movies any good?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not have Jessica Biel play Cammy?

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. It seems like video game movies are almost inherently guaranteed to suck.

Resident Evil being one of the RARE exceptions.

In what way are any of the three Resident Evil movies any good?

One of my housemates made me sit down and watch the first two in a row. Some of the cinematography in the first was pretty cool but overall I felt justified in accusing him of mind-rape.

• 4 months later...
20th Century Fox has set a February 27, 2009 release date for video game adaptation Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li. The action film stars Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clarke Duncan, Neal McDonough, Taboo, Chris Klein, Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei, Josie Ho and Robin Shou.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44815

I looked up the date to see what other movies come out then. Nothing.

The irony of them casting Liu Kang as Gen is not lost on me, though, in general, the casting director for this movie really needs to get kicked in the face repeatedly.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I guarantee that James and I are going to have to do a Tirades on at least one of these two movies. I have no hope at all for this one, considering the shittiness of the casting, I just think the costumes will be semi-accurate.

Has anyone been thinking about which characters should be in the film and what actors should play them? There was no real storyline for the original games for the writers to work from(this is what most likely contributed to the failed 1994 version). My idea is to keep the characters to a minimal, don't cram in every character, like the last film. The original version of Streetfighter only had a few characters that were playable.

There were 8 original characters, with 4 bosses(this was the original Street Fighter II game, not the original Street Fighter). So far the cast is:

Kristen Kreuk as Chun-Li

Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog

Chris Klein as Nash(I'm guessing this will be a kind of Ken look)

Robin Shou as Gen(This will most likely have a Ryu look)

My pick is they bought in Sagat would be Vin Diesel, M Bison is hard to decide, because while Street Fighter: The Movie was shit, Raul Julia played the part well.

Here's a link to the films Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighte...gend_of_Chun-Li

Edited by annericelover

The first SF movie didn't fail because of the game's story. The game had more than enough established mythos, not to mention anime, manga, comic books, and tons of other supplimental material that they could have drawn from. The movie failed because of horrible casting and a laughably bad script, in that order.

As for my casting, I'll basically repost what I had in mind earlier in this thread.

Balrog - Antonio Tarver.

Blanka - Gabriel Gonzaga.

Cammy - Billie Piper.

Chun Li - Kelly Hu.

Dhalsim - Sendhil Ramamurthy.

Honda - Akebono.

Ken - Brandon Routh.

Ryu - Tony Jaa.

Fei Long - Jet Li.

Vega - Eduardo Noriega.

Rolento - Vin Diesel.

Gen - Sonny Chiba.