The awesome video thread

Mr. Keith

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd link you all to my first student film project. We were asked to come up with a 2 minute film that commented on everyday life, so I wrote this silent film style commentary on how our individual personalities are bound up in our possessions, and used identity theft to explore this in a very literal sense. I thinks its good considering none of us had used a camera before February. I play the victim, Toby Prior plays the Thief, Emilie Urch plays the Significant Other and Amy Kasprzyca storyboarded, co-directed with me and did 90% of the editing.

However I decided that I needed some editing practice solo so I made this tribute to out titular star. Toby was great in his own film last term and he was great in ours, but at times he was so difficult to sort filming with that I'm fond of declaring him professionally dead to me. Hence this slightly mocking tribute to his short acting career-

In Memory- Toby Prior's Acting Career

Enjoy!

George Lucas should NEVER claim that he had the whole thing mapped out. That brother/sister thing is really obviously tacked on, they just didn't think it through.

Actually, the "twins" thing was in script drafts that far predated the original film. My theory is that he took all of it out when he filmed A New Hope, then awkwardly put it back in for 5 and 6.