G.I. Joe

This picture gives me hope for this movie:

siennagijoenx2.th.jpg

I hope she can do the accent right.

I can't imagine it would be too difficult. It was barely a step above "Ve make beeg trouble for moose ant sqvirrel" originally.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got the script. I really expected to hate it, but I don't. I think they nailed the characters. The writer must have been a big fan of the comics like I was growing up, because a lot of it is taken straight from them. Particularly the back story of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. As I was reading it I saw the pages I read as a kid(and still have thank you very much).

As for the costumes. Don't read too much into them. There is a reason most of the Joes wear the same armor, and it's a big plot point. It's all about the personalities. Each member is a completely different person when they speak. For the most part, they are exactly like their comic versions, with the main difference being they might not be American.

And yes, I know it's legit because I checked against the set pics out there. This is the version that was rushed and completed 2 days before the writer's strike. There have been changes. I know they added Gung Ho for example.

with the main difference being they might not be American.

Well, when the movie is based on a group of characters called "Real AMERICAN Heroes" that's kind of a big deal.

This isn't the 80s. People overseas won't go see a movie glorifying US soldiers when we aren't that well liked at the moment. It was a decision based on money. It's not that big a deal to me, but I can see why people will be pissed that

Breaker is Arab, and Snake Eyes is French

Well tell the rest of the world they can fuck off if they can't separate a fictional movie based on characters that have been around for 24 years from the real world. And fuck

Snake Eyes being French.

Fuck it in the ass.

I never understood why people can't separate fact from fiction. And it might not be a big deal for you, but speaking as someone who is a die hard G.I. Joe fan, it's a big fucking deal to me.

Not really news, but funny for all the right reasons.

from www.darkhorizons.com

You have to give him props for his bluntness. The Daily Dish reports that British actress Sienna Miller had to wear fake breasts for her role in forthcoming action movie "G.I. Joe".

Was it vital to the plot? Miller says "(I wear a) tight black leather outfit. And much bigger boobs. They gave me these things that looked like chicken fillets. The director said, 'I'm gonna be honest, I like girls with big boobs,' and I don't have them so we made them bigger. At least he's honest. But I was mildly offended."

Miller plays femme fatale The Baroness in the upcoming movie based on the popular toys and TV series.

• 1 month later...

Stuff learned at the Comic-Con panel:

In the tradition of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, there are only four major action sequences in the movie. We were assured that they're huge and won't disappoint.

- Initial project plans went to paper in 2003.

- The producers wanted Snake Eyes to say one word toward the end of the film. Larry Hama put an end to that real fast.

- Overall, the film is being treated as a Cobra Commander (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) origin story.

- Dennis Quaid, who plays General Hawk, was convinced to do the film by his son. The money was pretty slim so the film makers gave mad props to the kid.

- Paramount actually put up more money for this film than they did for TRANSFORMERS.

- A lot of characters were left out in hopes of adding them to the sequel(s). This includes fan favorite Roadblock who was passed up for the other big black dude, Heavy Duty (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje).

- When the producers were questioned about why this American based Military force had so much international flavor they simply said they wanted the best actors and then bullshit a bit about how terrorist threats pull the world together.

The three major relationships in the film will be Duke/Baroness (Channing Tatum/Sienna Miller), Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow (Ray Park/Byung-hun Lee), and Ripcord/Scarlett (Marlon Wayans/Rachel Nichols) with the latter providing most of the film's humour.

http://www.joblo.com/con-gi-joe

• 4 months later...

The movie tie ins have started to leak:

destrosplantq7.th.jpg

This Level 3 Ready-to-Read story will feature the enemy of the G.I. JOE team, Destro McCullen.

ninjashowdownve5.th.jpg

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes duke it out in this 8 x 8 story as they each go back in time and tell their side of this ancient feud between two "brothers."

knowinghalfbattleau1.th.jpg

In this 64-paged paperback with poster is a kid-friendly book of survival skills. Want to know how to talk your way out of an embarrassing situation? Or how to graduate from college when you're twelve? Or maybe you want to learn how to be the greatest ninja in the world? Members of the elite G.I. Joe and Cobra teams have all the answers to these questions, and much more. This survival handbook contains advice from from the good guys like Duke and Ripcord, and bad guys, like Storm Shadow and Destro, on everything that middle-grade readers would find useful. After all, knowing is half the battle!

I seriously can't believe that last one is real.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...