Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make a bit of sense, since there've been leaks and rumors associating him with both the good guys and bad.

The teaser was actually a little underwhelming for me, mostly because we've seen almost literally everything in it already, either through official channels (the X-wings, the Falcon, the desert planet, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley) or leaks (the stormtroopers). The broadsword lightsaber was the only real surprise in it. But that said, it's still nice to see. The shot of the X-Wings water-skimming is pretty epic.

I guess I really just want to know what the hell the plot is and what the characters are doing. I already know that the movie is visually fantastic just from all the photos and talk of practical effects we've seen.

I guess I really just want to know what the hell the plot is and what the characters are doing. I already know that the movie is visually fantastic just from all the photos and talk of practical effects we've seen.

Wouldn't you prefer to go in cold? Be immersed in the film and go with the story naturally?

To a degree. I just want a vague, general plot synopsis. Maybe some similarly vague, general character descriptions. I don't want the entirety of the movie spoiled, of course, but I'm okay with knowing what square one is in the new movie before I see it.

To be fair, there's going to be a screen crawl that tells you that right at the beginning anyway.

People are VERY CONCERNED that the imaginary laser-sword's new additions are impractical.

I'm pretty sure everything Jedi do is impractical. But then again, we're dealing with clairvoyant telekinetic swordsmen with thousands of years of martial arts history. So really anything goes.

Did the Millenium falcon just pull a barn swallow?

Stabilized GIF.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I actually prefer Tom Kane's Yoda from The Clone Wars to Oz's Yoda from the prequels. Something about Oz's performance really changed between the trilogies, and not for the better. It could have been a choice, but it might not have been. Tom Kane said that for The Clone Wars, George Lucas specifically asked him to play Yoda "like Empire Yoda" rather than match Oz's prequel-era Yoda voice.