Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, The Master said:

This one is called L3-37, or Leet. What, was H4X-0RZ taken?

That name is what kept me from wanting to watch the movie. I doubt that they were going to do what Halo did with Spartan 1337, being very arrogant and whose incompetence during their misadventures made them the comic relief.

but...

I have heard a theory that Lord and Miller wrote L3-37 as a satirical character who had an inflated, self righteous view. The theory continues with KK seeing the progress, not liking it one bit, and had them fired.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JackFetch said:

Why are a lot of the fans of the things I like such assholes? 

I do not know if the people who bullied Kelly Marie Tran were fellow Ticopaths, or just loved to hate on her character. I like to imagine she and Jake Lloyd will team up and form a support group for people who suffered from Star Wars nerd rage.

I heard that The Last Jedi had a SJW agenda, but when I saw it I didn't see anything to back it up.

Considering I am about as right wing as it gets, if I am not seeing it, then it probably is not there.

There are waaaaaay too many freaking snowflakes on the "right."

19 hours ago, JackFetch said:

People use "SJW agenda" as an excuse for anything they don't like that has females in a big role. 

Pretty much.

And when conservatives cry wolf so often, it hurts legitimate criticisms of political bias in various forms of entertainment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2018 at 9:29 PM, S-T said:

I said this on Twitter a few days ago: I am not sure I see Poe as representative of “toxic masculinity.” Fiction has always had headstrong subordinates who annoy (usually male) authority figures over them, especially by running off for revenge or something. See Dirty Harry and James Bond.

I think people are projecting a lot of SJW stuff into TLJ that isn't there.

Every time I read how Poe has toxic masculinity I am reminded of middle school. Whenever the girl classmates were fawning over a singer or actor, a guy I knew, would always interject "I heard he's gay!" I can see a grown up version of him calling Poe toxic masculine  in the hopes that it was like calling someone gay in the 90's.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:46 AM, The Master said:

....Poe, though, cannot come back from his actions...

... that experience  clouded my judgment, all I see is jealousy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...