Mortal Kombat: Deception

James D.

Well, besides the things I listed above, you'll be able to knock people through walls and into different areas (a la Dead or Alive 3). There is a shitload more, but I gotta get the PSM article and I don't have it handy. I'll post what it says later today.

Hmmm... interesting, but not something that I'm going to get just giddy over. Once I see some Kitana action though... I will be happy about the game.

Well, her twin is back... :*

Actually, they said in an article to expect every single character that has ever been in a MK game to make an appearance in the Konquest mode.

As for the fighters, there will be 24 to choose from and Spiderman and Fred Flintstone will be secret characters...

<_< *insert some whiney comment about this not being on the Game Cube* <_<

Game doesn't look that impressive, but I must say I like the idea of having bodies being hung in the enviorment you're fighting in. I wonder if you can actually attack one of the bodies and send them crashing into your opponent to cause damage? That'd be pretty damn cool!

Look, the screenshots aren't impressive because they haven't finished them yet.

As far as I can tell, every stage will have some way to eviscerate your opponent. One stage, you can throw them through a red piece of glass and thousands of insects will devour their body.

If the environments are interactive and destructible, if you can destroy your opponent several ways to Sunday with said environment, and if the gameplay and controls are actually good, then I might consider buying it. But truth be told, I've never been impressed by the MK series -- not even as a kid, when it was the coolest thing around.

• 2 months later...

I thought that MK:DA was a breath of fresh air to the series, which was becoming stale, and this game takes those parts that were good, makes them better, fleshes out parts that need it(Konquest is gonna kick ass), and just makes this best one yet.

I must admit that I was impressed with what I saw at E3 (I really need to write my report). Twice my character was kicked off of a tower, and splattered upon impact with the ground. The second time my head popped off and hit the camera!

• 1 month later...

Official Site

VERY cool trailers in this. I still echo what I said earlier though... If this game has Kitana, I will be a happy man. Also, you know that a fatality is badass when it involves Scorpion ripping off another character's arms and beating them to death with them.

EDIT: Rumors say that Kitana might be an unlockable secret character. She better be playable. I don't want to find another character to play with since Rain probably won't be available.

Yeah, this'll be something I heavily consider picking up..(as of now, I plan to only pick up Fable and Paper Mario between now and Christmas) but I'm just sitting, waiting for MORTAL KOMBAT 3: THE MOVIE. It's coming out.

Oh, I'm sure you'll be camped out in front of the theatres for weeks waiting for it. :*

With my little Raiden hat on. Christopher Lambert is coming back, at least.

Mock Lambert if you must, but he was fucking awesome as Raiden. That jackass they got to replace him was beyond pathetic. Then again, as you and I both know, the second movie replaced everything the first movie had, including any semblance of a decent storyline.