Transformers Animated

JackFetch

Guest DCAUFan1051
Season 3 will be the last season of the show.

My brother just started crying in his soul when I told him this.

yeah they've removed all the tie in plots that would lead to a season 4.... I'm truly optimistic about this last season.... and in the past even though I've not liked the animation it was superb in this episode premiering season 3.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

my thoughts on the Season 3 premiere:

Even though I've trashed the show and everything I must say the 10 months in between seasons 2-3 has improved the show drastically. There were tons of Generation 1 & Beast Wars/Machines references. Which I thought was very good.

the scene where Sari upgrades reminded me of a Sailor Moon episode

it's a great start to the final season lets hope they keep it up. Transwarped felt more adult in it's nature then the normal kiddie episode. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

well I was super excited to awaken t 8:))AM this morning to get a brand new awesome episode of animated season 3.......... to my shock and awe it wasn't the episode that we were supposed to get they messed up the damn order... Instead of Know Thy Sting we got Three's A Crowd which compared to Transwarped felt like a letdown to me.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I just saw it on Youtube. A much better episode than last week's. Favorite parts were anything with Sentinel Prime being a dick and the last 5 minutes of the show. I really didn't like the voices for Jetfire and Jetstorm.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the Twins voices.

Just saw the 2nd leaked episode Five Servos Of Doom it was really good. I don't want anymore leaked eps though because it means the show will end sooner. Because we the viewers might have seen or been spoiled online.

Just caught Five Servos of Doom on Youtube. I'm loving this show more every time I see it. Its simple enough for children, but it tells some pretty good stories. While I like watching the episodes on Youtube, it takes away the excitement of DVR'ing it and watching it on Saturday mornings.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Just caught Five Servos of Doom on Youtube. I'm loving this show more every time I see it. Its simple enough for children, but it tells some pretty good stories. While I like watching the episodes on Youtube, it takes away the excitement of DVR'ing it and watching it on Saturday mornings.

I agree Season 3 is by far the best yet.

I think that's because they're concentrating more on the Deceticons as enemies moreso then the cheesy human villains. Someone I follow on Twitter said that the next ep will be a 2 parter. And as everyone knows I'm a sucker for ongoing storylines like that. Even without the human villains S3 really takes aim at us G1 Fans! and the kids as well. Just watched Where Is Thy Sting on TV this morning and even though I already saw it it's fuckin awesome. I think it's great that they're going after the original voice actors that voiced major characters like Wasp from Beast Wars.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Even though I saw this weeks episode early I'm still loving where this show is going. I'm happy that the leaks have stopped Next weeks episode is Predacons Rising and that's all I know. This weeks was very cool if anyone likes seeing robot ninjas I suggest you watch Five Servos Of Doom.

Guest DCAUFan1051

WOW!

Wasp turning into Waspinator was fucking awesome. Very disturbing design though but still all kinds of awesomeness.

this show just keeps getting better in the third season. Today's Episode was Predacons Rising, next week is part one of Human Error then the week after is part two after that it's Decepticon Air. My only gripe about today's episode is that it seemed very short for 30mins with commericals. :cry:

Guest DCAUFan1051
Awesome episode. It packed a lot of stuff for a half hour show. Waspinator looks pretty impressive after his transformation. I especially loved the ending with the Beast Wars animals.

Yeah Waspinator looked scary in his new modes. Originally there was a rumor that TFA Season 4 was gonna say that Black Aracnia with all her experiments had created the Beast Wars stuff and they were going to have it tie in with the Beast Wars timeline, but since there isn't a Season 4 happening apparently that won't happen. Derrick J. Wyatt on his twitter stated that Waspinator will not be back in the rest of season 3. I liked the episode this week, but it went too fast for me.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Is there anything yet saying that they're gonna make a season 4?

not to my knowlege CN hasn't said either way, but when they presented their 2009-2010 schedule a while ago TFA wasn't on the list. So unless a miracle happens Season 3 is it... which sucks because I think that they have hit their stride with the storytelling and everything. I haven't seen a definite article saying it's been cancelled.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Human Error Part 1 Airs later this morning at 8 eastern time I can't wait... I saw a clip and the human Optimus Prime looks just like David Kaye who does the voice for Prime

Today's episode was pretty good. The fact that it was all a dream was kinda telegraphed but it was still handled well and I can't wait until next week. Soundwave is one of my favorite characters so this can only go awesome places.

That all said, I was starting to get use to a lack of Sari and they just have to go an ruin it. At least she's useful now. I almost feel like this episode's main purpose is to feature Sari next week going all gung-ho, maybe show she gained a level in Badass. Otherwise, I will continue seeing how exactly she s useful except as holder of the dues ex machina.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Today's episode was pretty good. The fact that it was all a dream was kinda telegraphed but it was still handled well and I can't wait until next week. Soundwave is one of my favorite characters so this can only go awesome places.

That all said, I was starting to get use to a lack of Sari and they just have to go an ruin it. At least she's useful now. I almost feel like this episode's main purpose is to feature Sari next week going all gung-ho, maybe show she gained a level in Badass. Otherwise, I will continue seeing how exactly she s useful except as holder of the dues ex machina.

Even though I totally don't get the B: The Brave & The Bold appeal towards kids I get it in TF: Animated. Sari is meant to be a grounding childlike force kinda like Bumblebee. Season 3 has only had one bad episode in my mind and that was Three's A Crowd. I mentioned in All Things Transformers Episode 20 the fact that they've taken 2 G1 Episode plot points and put them into the episode we saw today. Going human came from the G1 episode "Only Human" and Cybertron next to Earth came from "The Ultimate Doom" three parter. I like that they've been throwing in the G1 references throughout the series. As far as my opinion of Sari at first I was like ok it's a kid she has a key with powers... and I brushed it off. Now with her "upgrades" and aging it's pretty cool. I just really wanna see the Elite Guard storyline play out.

Even though I totally don't get the B: The Brave & The Bold appeal towards kids I get it in TF: Animated.

:huh:

Elaborate on this?

Sari is meant to be a grounding childlike force kinda like Bumblebee. As far as my opinion of Sari at first I was like ok it's a kid she has a key with powers... and I brushed it off. Now with her "upgrades" and aging it's pretty cool.

No, she's meant to be the one character in the show that's human and anywhere near the age of the audience that it's aimed at.

*Also, she's a horrid Mary-Sue, but I won't get into that.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I think it's because I'm not a Batman comic book fan not to say that I don't like the character and storyline behind Bats and everything, but as Des and Preston and others have pointed out Brave & The Bold is for die hard silver age fans and kids. Me personally my inner child doesn't see the appeal. Maybe it's me not getting past the voice of Batman in it. I understand it's supposed to be fun, but I just can't see it. I see the revamp BTAS episodes as more fun :laugh:

On the other hand TF: Animated even though the first 2 seasons had flaws and everything the creators of that show deliberately put Generation 1 & Beast Wars references and homages in. Throughout this third season I've been excited every Saturday morning to wake up and watch, with the exception of "Three's A Crowd" that episode pissed me off. They basically stood there and insulted Burgess Meredith in my mind. And I haven't been excited for a Saturday Morning cartoon since I was 10!

I'm not going to say anything more then that, because I don't want to start another arguement about Brave and The Bold and everything. Hope that elaborated enough for ya. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAU doesn't like Brave and the Bold. The discussion has been had, ad naseum, does it need to happen here, again?

There are 3 things I really enjoyed and laughed at with Brave & The Bold The Knight Armor Batman wore in the camelot episode, the green lantern stuff, and the jokermobile.

Back on track with TF: Animated most likely we'll get another 5 minute preview on cartoonnetwork.com tomorrow. I wish it was up today, but I just checked and it's not.