Watchmen *SPOILERS*

Missy

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That game looks nicer than the actual one they are releasing.

I think there is a problem when all these films with cult audiences start their big long internet campaigns. Honestly until Dread mentioned it I hadn't felt that film film was any closer to being released than I did when I saw the first trailer months ago. It s the same thing with Star Trek, my excitement peaked early, and now I'm really not sure of its final release date. These films should have started putting out trailers around Christmas and be peaking right now..

Dark Knight had the same thing but I attributed it to a tasteful toning down of the campaign to allow for the death of Heath Ledger.

Yeah, but Canada isn't a real country. Why advertise there?

Right. And as a result, we get a shitload of American channels and if Adult Swim is their plan then they might as well lock up Spike TV too. That way you'll have a million meatheads show up opening weekend. But a million meatheads does not even come close to making its money back.

I just have a feeling that Watchmen is going to be the great superhero movie that almost no one goes to see. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not convinced otherwise yet.

I'm seeing plenty of ads, on TV and online, I might be the target market, though.

That's exactly the problem. They need to target wide with this. This is a niche film that they need to make a non-niche film. It's too big a movie to have such a small buzz. No name stars, no name director (granted 300 was pretty big), no name franchise. There was a reason Hancock had Will Smith. It still didn't too well.

Zack Snyder has nothing to worry about, he made 300.

Patrick Wilson has nothing to worry about, he's proven himself to be a strong leading man (Hard Candy?).

JDM has nothing to worry about, he's always going to have a following, even if it's just for shitty romantic comedies.

Warner Brothers is fucking Warner Brothers/ DC is fucking DC.

Jackie Earle Hayley could gain tons from this, but at worst he's left where he started.

No one will lose *anything* if this film makes little money, and it's likely to get high critical acclaim. There's no sequel potential, there's nothing to lose.

Collider.com's Frosty just shot out an email from the WATCHMEN junket informing us that Zack Snyder is preparing two extended cuts for the DVD/Blu-ray release. The theatrical cut - which you'll be seeing in less than three weeks! - clocks in at 156 minutes. The Director's Cut will run 190 minutes. And then there will be a cut splicing in "Tales of the Black Freighter" that will run a whopping 205 minutes. Wow.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40163

Does that mean Tales of the Black Freighter is only 15 minutes long? Really short for it to be made into a stand alone dvd. Also, I wish they would quit announcing director's cuts before movies are out in theaters. It's basically telling me the watered down version is in the theater and I can wait for the dvd.

Collider.com's Frosty just shot out an email from the WATCHMEN junket informing us that Zack Snyder is preparing two extended cuts for the DVD/Blu-ray release. The theatrical cut - which you'll be seeing in less than three weeks! - clocks in at 156 minutes. The Director's Cut will run 190 minutes. And then there will be a cut splicing in "Tales of the Black Freighter" that will run a whopping 205 minutes. Wow.

Does that mean Tales of the Black Freighter is only 15 minutes long? Really short for it to be made into a stand alone dvd. Also, I wish they would quit announcing director's cuts before movies are out in theaters. It's basically telling me the watered down version is in the theater and I can wait for the dvd.

It's going on a disc with Under the Hood, too.

It's going on a disc with Under the Hood, too.

I know but I doubt together they will be 90 minutes which is standard for a movie, and they are still charging 20 bucks.

I’m surprised nobody else has posted all the new footage they’ve shown. A quick search on youtube and I found

the “you’re a good friend” scene between Nite Owl and Rorschach, a scene between Nite Owl and Ozymandias where they discuss whether or not someone is actually targeting costumed heroes, and the scene where Nite Owl and Silk Spectre rescue the residents trapped in the burning building.

I’ll post the links when I get home.