Sign in to follow this  
Dread

Jonah Hex

From Variety:

Malkovich, Brolin set for 'Hex'

Duo set for WB's comic adaptation

By MICHAEL FLEMING, DAVE MCNARY

John Malkovich will square off against Josh Brolin in "Jonah Hex," the Warner Bros. adaptation of the DC Comics property that begins production in April.

Legendary Pictures has joined the project as co-financier and co-producer.

Malkovich will play Turnbull, a wealthy Southern plantation owner whose son is killed by Union soldiers during the Civil War. He blames Hex, a former confederate soldier-turned-hardened bounty hunter and gunslinger. Jimmy Hayward ("Horton Hears a Who") is directing the script by "Crank" scribes Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Mad Chance's Andrew Lazar is producing with Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman.

Malkovich, most recently seen in "Burn After Reading" and "Changeling," is currently presiding over the Mexico opening of "The Good Canary," a Zack Helm-penned play that Malkovich directed. The play, which bowed in France, was translated into Spanish, and Diego Luna is starring in the feature.

OK, so its battle of the incredibly scary people then. I'm hoping they just treat this as a hard pulpy western, no comic style gimmicks (barring the scarring). Hex needs to be a very very gritty take on the classic Eastwood/Wayne style western hero. Malkovich has a tendency toward over the top villains, I'm hoping he brings some honest sense to this, ala Hackman in Unforgiven. Its a battle of men at odds, not good vs evil.

megan3.th.jpg

I am honestly not sure what to make of that.

Should I cheer because it's Megan Fox in a ridiculously sexualized outfit, or boo because it's Megan Fox in a ridiculously sexualized outfit?

I like the outfit. Don't necessarily like the person in it, but hey.

Also, speaking of Jonah Hex, how difficult would it for me to pick up the run where it is currently?

I thought the eye would be more messed up but its not that bad, its a realistic interpretation which bodes well for the film.

That Megan Fox picture is just wrong, her waist is so tiny its inhuman right there.

He looks perfect. No change, no CGI, no contacts. Perfect.

Megan Fox? With Malkovich and Brolin, someone has to be pretty. Plus, back in the day, women wore corsets to draw their bodies in above the waist to accentuate curves, not to pose on the cover of Maxim. It's fine.

This will fucking rule and the world can begin to be a better place.

I thought the eye would be more messed up but its not that bad, its a realistic interpretation which bodes well for the film.

That Megan Fox picture is just wrong, her waist is so tiny its inhuman right there.

That's what corsets were supposed to do? I mean, seriously, if you got your waist down to twelve inches with one of those in that time, you were pretty. Might break a few ribs while you were at it, but. :P

That makeup looks awesome for Brolin. I can't wait to see this, it looks good.

Atlanta metal band Mastodon talked to Paste magazine about writing the score for the comic book adaptation Jonah Hex, opening in theaters on June 18, 2010. Here's a clip:

Historically, Mastodon’s been classified mostly within the metal and prog spectrusm, but Crack the Skye saw the band stretch out its sound. The Jonah Hex score, however, could contain the most expansive Mastodon material to date. “Some of it was heavy, some of it was very moody,” Sanders said. “A lot of it was spacey, Melvins B-sides, Pink Floyd-like, surreal outer space, like Neil Young’s Dead Man. Swirling, nausea music.”

Source