Cloverfield

That Syn picture was revealed as a fake. The monster is huge, but that borders on being absolutely unwieldy. When the trailer first came out, I was REALLY hoping the monster was Cthulu, but unfortunately, it's clearly going to be a Godzilla clone of some sort.

The people behind LOST are doing it though, so I'm still excited.

Here's a moving gif of the monster, slowed down so you can see the scales of his neck at the end.

clovermonsterjo6.gif

Something else interesting, I found.

Untitled-1.jpg

IS THAT AN EYE!?!?!?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm still not digging the whole "Blair Witch handheld camera" look. As for the monster, considering it's Abrams, i wouldn't be surprised if you never see it once in the entire movie.

Or if it's a roving shadow that disappears for two seasons....sorry.

I'm psyched for more giant monsters. Bring it on baby!

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm still not digging the whole "Blair Witch handheld camera" look. As for the monster, considering it's Abrams, i wouldn't be surprised if you never see it once in the entire movie.

Or if it's a roving shadow that disappears for two seasons....sorry.

:laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
That was basically the combined two pieces of released footage minus the shadow shot of the monster about to eat someone. A little anti-climatic but still can't wait for this.

It does give a good idea of what the feel of the movie will be.

I don't get a Blair Witch feeling from it. Probably because they didn't shoot Blair Witch with 20 thousand dollar cameras.

That was basically the combined two pieces of released footage minus the shadow shot of the monster about to eat someone. A little anti-climatic but still can't wait for this.

It does give a good idea of what the feel of the movie will be.

I don't get a Blair Witch feeling from it. Probably because they didn't shoot Blair Witch with 20 thousand dollar cameras.

Heh! Yeah, and there isn't a chick doing a self-close-up with snot running down her face. In the trailer to Cloverfield, you see more of the threat than in the entire Blair Witch for that matter.

• 4 weeks later...

In a comedic sense, sure, but if all this hype ends up being for a fucking turtle, the fucking gloves are off.

Thankfully, there's almost zero chance of it being anything turtle like.

It's confirmed to be some sort of sea creature, and that it has three fingers per claw, though no one knows how many limbs it even has. A lot of people are thinking it has tenticles of some sort, mostly to explain that in a new video they released, the monster is tossing bits of an oil tanker out of the ocean at an alarming speed.

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44bFpqCzK4

EDIT: WHY DOESN'T EMBEDING WORK HERE!?!? ARRG!

That video proves I was right about the viral sites explaining where the monster came from to begin with. This one especially:

http://tagruato.jp/ymr_subsidiaries.php

They also have this on there:

There has been an altercation at the Chaui Station. Although details are limited at present time, be assured that Tagruato is taking every measure necessary to ensure the safety and well being of all staff and crew. Specialty teams have been deployed, and are working aggressively to restore harmony at the site.

The cause of the problem is currently being investigated, although it is suspected that an eco-terror cell is responsible for the disturbance.

We have top investigators on our side. Everything will be resolved shortly, and all problems will be fixed. If you have any questions, please contact us at +81-3-5403-6318 for further instructions.

Has anyone called the number? It's too expensive for me.

Those are also fakes. It's already been confirmed that we will get to see the complete form of the monster at some point, and if all of these people had seen the same movie, there is no possible way that the drawings would vary to such a drastic degree.

If everyone on this site was asked to draw Godzilla, regardless of our individual artistic abilities, I guarantee each drawing would be of the same exact lizard.

This was a painful experience.

I'm accustomed to sitting in the second row at the theater, and this is definately not the movie for that. I got some pretty strong motion sickness about 5 minutes in, and found myself closing my eyes and breathing during the slow parts.

Movie itself was pretty much exactly what I expected though. No big gripes on my part. It could have definately used an extra 20-30 minutes in the running time, but other than that, it was all good.