Thor

JackFetch

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this today. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I did have one very small gripe:

Thor is sent to Earth to learn humility, and does this in about 36 hours. I personally would have preferred it if he had been made to live a life as a human and learn it the hard way. Not (primarily) because I wanted to see Don Blake, but because it would have made a hell of a lot more logical sense.

On the whole, though, very enjoyable stuff.

Opening weekend of $65 million is probably disappointing, but it's done great numbers overseas, world wide takings so far is $241 million.

I think the worldwide numbers are probably promising, balancing out what will be big domestic numbers for Captain America. All things being equal, they would be quietly happy with these numbers as a lead in for the Avengers

That and the 65 million is what the studio was expecting so it's not disappointing. Thor is not a major character to most people. He's barely in the group consciousness. The fact that it made this much is actually a good thing for Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel, or any 2nd or 3rd-tier character.

I'd love to see a break down of countries, because I have no idea where that $241 came from. I'm not doubting it, I'm just curious as to the breakdown. It's down about $20-$30 in each of UK and Australia.

Here you go. Not sure if that’s every country or if it all adds up, but as far as I know it’s correct. And if those numbers are right, it grossed more money here in Australia than any other foreign country.

Saw it last night. It was pretty good, I think… All I could think about were the damn 3D glasses and the over use of 3D effects, I had to take my glasses of about half way though and watched the rest without them. I should probably go see the movie in 2D so I can be a fair judge but I don’t think I’ll be able to pull myself to.

• 3 weeks later...