JLA movie news

Missy

I think this could be quite entertaining. It won't be in the same league (or anywhere near) Batman Begins but it could top Superman Returns...swearing off a JL movie because of two successful franchises is a lie. SR sucked big time.

I don't want a JL movie in a Batman Begins universe anyway.

I'm along for the ride. Especially if I can see it filming in Vancouver. Brody, by the way, is a great choice for Flash.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this could be quite entertaining. It won't be in the same league (or anywhere near) Batman Begins but it could top Superman Returns...swearing off a JL movie because of two successful franchises is a lie. SR sucked big time.

True enough - I've pimped it recently, but episode 72 is somewhat award-winning! :D

I don't want a JL movie in a Batman Begins universe anyway.

I'm along for the ride. Especially if I can see it filming in Vancouver. Brody, by the way, is a great choice for Flash.

The problem is not so much that it affects the new Batman universe, or to a lesser extent the Superman one with asthmatic Superboy and a character called "Lois Lane". The problem is that this may be the basis of a New Wonder Woman universe, Lantern universe etc etc. I'm really hoping that somehow these movies did a

Incredible Hulk/Iron Man

and had a character interlink any stand-alone films with the Nolan Batman films, to obscure the relevance of this JLA movie.

I'm glad this film isn't being made. Believe me everyone, I want this film to happen, but we have to be realistic about this. This is a big film, it's not a run of the mill action movie. First you have to introduce each character in their own "Origin" film, than you have to map out a storyline and villain(s) that would cause all these heroes to have to come together. I'd say they should adapt one of the graphic JL novels, after establishing each character in their own film. Since this film won't be in continuity with Batman Begins or Superman Returns, they don't have to really get into that, we can the origin from each series and leave it at that. The rest, not everyone will know about.

So while I can't wait for this film to happen, we have to be smart about it. Look at what happened last time we tried to get a live action JL, without origin stories. We got Justice League of America TV Pilot which has never aired in the US, because of how much it sucked.

I'm glad this film isn't being made. Believe me everyone, I want this film to happen, but we have to be realistic about this. This is a big film, it's not a run of the mill action movie. First you have to introduce each character in their own "Origin" film, than you have to map out a storyline and villain(s) that would cause all these heroes to have to come together. I'd say they should adapt one of the graphic JL novels, after establishing each character in their own film. Since this film won't be in continuity with Batman Begins or Superman Returns, they don't have to really get into that, we can the origin from each series and leave it at that. The rest, not everyone will know about.

So while I can't wait for this film to happen, we have to be smart about it. Look at what happened last time we tried to get a live action JL, without origin stories. We got Justice League of America TV Pilot which has never aired in the US, because of how much it sucked.

Have you read the previous posts? It is being made.

I don't think you need to give an origin for each character. Just define who they are. Flash, superfast police scientist (or mechanic), GL, galactic cop. WW, mythic female warrior on a mission of peace. Everybody knows who Batman and Superman are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Proof that God exists.

Ehhhhhhh......I'm still an atheist. But this is a nice bit of news, nonetheless. :D

I, on the other hand, am deistic and I love whatever entity is up there for doing something as trivial, yet ultmately gratifying, as halting this farce!!

• 3 months later...
It's back, according to the director.

Initially slated to be filmed Down Under, Miller conceded production had been moved offshore, with a plan to resume filming next year.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...97-2902,00.html

Also, Megan Gale blew every one away with her audition for Wonder Woman.

Remind me, what's the opposite of "HOORAY!!"???

It's back, according to the director.

Initially slated to be filmed Down Under, Miller conceded production had been moved offshore, with a plan to resume filming next year.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...97-2902,00.html

Also, Megan Gale blew every one away with her audition for Wonder Woman.

Remind me, what's the opposite of "HOORAY!!"???

Probably "BOO-URNS".

How good of a source is iesb.net? Because this is what they are saying.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...9&Itemid=99

Changing gears for a sec, let's see what's currently going on with Justice League of America. Last week there were reports that the movie is finally moving forward. Guess what - that's not what we heard.

IESB found out the complete opposite from various sources at WB -- the movie will not move forward in its current incarnation and a lot has to do with the success of The Dark Knight. Warner Bros. is not willing to risk pissing off Christopher Nolan or Christian Bale and their intent would be to move forward with a third Batman film instead of introducing another Batman in a JLA film.

Officially WB is stating that Justice League of America is on hold due to the potential SAG strike. We have been advised from various sources that the truth is that George Miller has been pulled off the project. We have contacted all parties involved including Kennedy/Miller and other producers but they have declined to comment at this time.

So does that mean that Miller is out of a job? Nope, we have been told that some execs over at Warner Bros. would like Miller to take over The Green Lantern project. Any truth to the rumor? Only time will tell but one thing is certain in my purest fan boy opinion - this script totally kicks ass!

• 1 month later...
Holy Double Take, Batman! Here Comes a New Caped Crusader

Marc Malkin

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Watch out, Christian Bale—there's a new Batman coming to town!

His name is Armie Hammer, an unknown actor handpicked by Mad Max and Happy Feet director George Miller to play Bruce Wayne and his Caped Crusader alter ego in the upcoming superhero-filled Justice League Mortal.

Hammer insists he has not intention of stirring up a battle of the Batmans. "That guy's got his s--t down," Hammer says of Bale.

Even so, Hammer does point out that there's at least one big difference between the two. "My codpiece is bigger," he said with a laugh the other day from Vancouver, where he's shooting the CW's The Reaper (he plays the son of the devil).

While there have been reports that the Justice League flick has been shelved because of too many setbacks (including the writers' strike), Hammer says he hopes to see it get made...

They were supposed to shoot in Australia, where Hammer and his castmates suffered through several months of physical training.

"I would spend hours training with actual guns to prepare me for this stuff," Hammer said. "It was very intense. Our workout regimens were so rigorous that most of us would vomit."

He added, "We weren't trying to get ourselves aesthetically good looking. We were trying to get ready for the demands of shooting."

Not that the 22-year-old great-grandson of oil tycoon Armand Hammer has anything to worry about in the looks department. At 6'5" with a smile and hulking body to match, he has movie star written all over him.

He's already been fitted for the superhero costume, which he says features functioning equipment, including trademark Batman weapons like spring-loaded titanium Bat-erangs. "I was looking down, and I was thinking, This is the best," Hammer said of the first time he put on the entire ensemble. "Then I stood up, and they turned me around, and I faced a mirror—there was Batman. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks—it's not just Batman, it's me!"

For now, Hammer is working on spreading the word on a much different project. He stars as the Rev. Billy Graham in Billy, an independent film about the religious leader's early years costarring Bionic Woman star Lindsay Wagner as his mother and Martin Landau as a lifelong friend.

Hammer hasn't met the 89-year-old Graham yet, but he's been told the movie has his blessing.

"It's one of the more terrifying and intimidating things," Hammer said about playing arguably the world's most famous Christian evangelist. "If I go up there and portray Billy Graham not exactly as Billy Graham, there are a billion people on this planet who will say, 'That's not Billy Graham!' "

Source