Missy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Why is Batman training with a gun?

I'm hoping he meant he was training with a grappling gun, or he was being shown how to dive out of the way of gunfire.

Is Jon Peters in any way involved in this?

Do you know anything about guns? They're the fiercest killers in the firearms kingdom.

:bowdown:

• 1 year later...

I predict Flash, another Batman, and Wonder Woman to kicked off by the Green Lantern movie already announced.

I thought the exact same thing, though I'm not sure about Flash.

I predict that there'll be heavy Superman references throughout all of the DC films before he finally shows up in his own film (a lot like the Captain America references in the Marvel films).

I posted it in the Suicide Squad thread, but it looks like they are putting the JLA movie on hold to do individual movies first just like Marvel is doing.

“[Justice League] is on hold right now as DC sorts out its strategy,” the movie mogul told Collider magazine. “But it seems like they’re building to Justice League instead of going with the team movie first and doing individual movies after that.

I posted it in the Suicide Squad thread, but it looks like they are putting the JLA movie on hold to do individual movies first just like Marvel is doing.

“[Justice League] is on hold right now as DC sorts out its strategy,” the movie mogul told Collider magazine. “But it seems like they’re building to Justice League instead of going with the team movie first and doing individual movies after that.

Hooray. :)

• 2 years later...
Warner Bros. is making some plans towards the long-awaited Justice League feature film as Variety reports that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall has been brought aboard to provide the screenplay.

Details at this point are currently few, but the enormous success of Marvel's The Avengers no doubt helped pave the way for getting the Distinguished Competition's superhero ensemble a shot at the silver screen.

What remains to be seen is whether or not Warner's film will use any of their standalone superhero projects as jumping off points, building a cohesive cinematic universe the way that Marvel has. It's been hinted that Christopher Nolan's upcoming The Dark Knight Rises will feature a definitive ending for the current version of the big screen Batman character, though Christian Bale has recently suggested that he's not entirely against the notion of further adventures in the cape and cowl.

Next summer's Man of Steel, however, marks a more likely contender to launch an ongoing big screen universe and it's entirely possible that, despite a disappointing box office, last summer's take on Green Lantern couldn't be brought back.

The other possibility is that Warner Bros. might start from scratch, as was the plan several years ago when George Miller was attached to direct a motion-capture Justice League feature.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91039

Looks like WB has Avengers envy.

I don't think Justice League needs to be slowly built in the same way. Before the Marvel movies started, the only hero the average moviegower really knew about was the Hulk, and maybe Captain America. With the Justice League, everyone already knows Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, and they had a Green Lantern origin movie not long ago. If they just go with a five-man team, then all they'd have to do is explain Flash and they're set. Even better is the fact that Superman and Batman (and maybe WW) aren't reliant upon having a specific actor or storyline; they can just pop up and everyone will love them, sort of like Ruffalo's Hulk.

I think you need the right people though. Without Downey Jr Iron Man might have been a damp squib. Who can be that guy to this franchise? At that point I'd say casting the Flash is the most important thing because that's the one that needs to be a breakout performance.

There's also the danger of high expectations. To be honest, no-one expects much of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk. But if you get the wrong person in for Superman or Batman the backlash could really hurt. Even Wonder Woman could be a struggle.

One of the strengths of Marvel is how they used those movie to tie in the magic and the tech to a plausible single world. Superman (Alien) Batman (street crime), GL (Space), WW (Magic & Gods) all being thrown into one film without prior ties? It might be a little much.

It takes the right people in charge to make sure someone like RDJ gets cast instead of a 25 year old. Remember what was going to happen with Justice League? That shows the difference between the approaches each company has to their characters. One had people arguing between their franchises while the movie fell apart, and the other was very carefully crafted and has so far made over a billion dollars. That's why DC needs to be the ones in charge of the franchises instead of handing them over to other people. Nolan has made good movies, but he doesn't play well with others and has actually made it impossible to make a Justice League franchise while he's had Batman. In the meanwhile, Marvel has made 6 movies all tied together that have grossed over 4 billion dollars.

Nolan made some good Batman movies, but Marvel made an awesome universe.

He threw a fit when they tried to make one though. They gave him too much power over the franchise.

He threw a fit, but production on that Justice League movie didn't stop until it became obvious how huge The Dark Knight was going to be. After that he had all the leverage because they wanted another sequel and he wasn't under contract for one.