Transformers 2

JackFetch

Michael Bay Says No to Transformers 2

Transformers director Michael Bay has responded to Paramount/DreamWorks' decision to become exclusive to HD DVD instead of releasing movies on both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD:

Bay said: "I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!"

Will this change Paramount/DreamWorks' mind about at least releasing Transformers also on Blu-ray Disc? We're not sure, but we have a feeling Mr. Bay isn't the only unhappy one. Yesterday's press release itself concluded with a note that read, "Today's announcement does not include films directed by Steven Spielberg as his films are not exclusive to either format."

Doesn't he realize he's not the one that makes those decisions? I hope he does pull out and a better director comes on board.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I guess he got his butt chewed out. I just saw this:

Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three Blu-Ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-Ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD-DVD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay

• 5 months later...
In a video interview with IESB.net, director Michael Bay talks about the development of 'Transformers 2'.

When pressed for details Bay says he listens to fans of the franchise but does not feel compelled to take all their advice. For example, there won't be any dino-bots in the follow up.

"You're going to see a lot of different new stuff. It's just the tip of the iceberg what we saw last movie, in terms of characters and different type of species, I guess," Bay said before clamming up on anything revealing.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...1&Itemid=99

• 3 months later...
Scans of the call sheets have leaked online, and they spoil some of the new robots.

They list Arcee (the motorcycles), The Twins (an Ice Cream Truck that splits into 2 robots), Stinger, R8, Wheelbot, Jetfire, and a "Constructicon Earth Mover".

An Ice Cream truck????

WTF are Bay and the writers smoking?

Yes we need Soundwave now. Also the Dinobots cause they are awesome.

Who's hoping for Galvatron as the next big bad?

It's too early for Galvatron. We haven't even seen much of Megatron yet since he spent 2 thirds of the first movie frozen. The dinobots would come off looking stupid on film. As for Soundwave, I could care less if he's in it or not, and he won't be a gun if he is. I've moved passed the nostalgia factor in this series, and just want a good movie(which is the attitude I'll be taking with G.I. Joe).

• 1 month later...

In talking about the new comic series that shows what happened between the movies, they gave away who the villain is in the sequel.

"[We're going to] explore the background of

The Fallen

— the main villain of the movie — as well as expand on the 'Reign of Starscream' story that we're doing and tie everything in to what this next movie is going to be," explained writer Chris Mowry, who partners on the book with artist Alex Milne. "The next movie starts out with just tons of action and there’s obviously going to be a lot of questions, so we’re hoping to answer some of those beforehand."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transfor...ews.php?id=7554

OK, I don't think there's a soul out there who will be surprised when

Megatron returns

in Transformers 2*. If the current incarnation of the script follows the beats of a previous incarnation (which did not feature The Fallen),

Megatron may be getting brought back by the Autobots, who need him to conquer the new menace. But I've learned that this time he won't be that weird alien jet. This time he's a tank.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15838/1/...NKED/Page1.html

There is one problem with this.

There was already a tank in the first one

• 1 month later...

Devastator

is confirmed to be in it.

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator

- Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla

- Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow

- The previously Long Haul concept art by Josh Nizzi is legit

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transfor...ews.php?id=7657

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The TFW TF2 Insider has confirmed that the character of Alice, as played by Isabel Lucas, in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,

is a Pretender. For those not familiar with Transformers sublines from the 1980s, Pretenders are Transformers that are hidden inside a shell that acts as their disguise. In the case of Alice, the shell will be an attractive human woman while the inner robot is best described as a hybrid of the Frenzy robot design from the first movie. The Pretender Transformer will have an arm that transforms into an energy weapon, a long tongue, and a scanning tenticle.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...etender-166122/

They are going way deep in the lore for this movie.

Guest DCAUFan1051
The TFW TF2 Insider has confirmed that the character of Alice, as played by Isabel Lucas, in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,

is a Pretender. For those not familiar with Transformers sublines from the 1980s, Pretenders are Transformers that are hidden inside a shell that acts as their disguise. In the case of Alice, the shell will be an attractive human woman while the inner robot is best described as a hybrid of the Frenzy robot design from the first movie. The Pretender Transformer will have an arm that transforms into an energy weapon, a long tongue, and a scanning tenticle.

<a href="http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...etender-166122/" target="_blank">http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...etender-166122/</a>

They are going way deep in the lore for this movie.

GOOD they should go into the lore for this and all the other subsequent sequels that they do

Of course I'm saying that because I'm a Transformers FanBoy

• 1 month later...

Some new shots from the movie have been released.

newtrans2photo4ru2.th.jpg

Prime looks like he got his ass whooped.

transformers2photo3ke5.th.jpg

Not only did they work his real hand injury into the movie, apparently Megan Fox has a boob problem. Or they just took a shot at an awkward time.

newtrans2photo2sx9.th.jpg

It's a Michael Bay movie, duh.

transformers2photo2aw3.th.jpg

All I got are Mega Maid jokes for this one.

• 2 weeks later...