JackFetch

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

it actually looks like in the beginning scenes Bay has combined the Asteroid shots from Armageddon and the Aircraft Carrier from Pearl Harbor WTF?

And that thing with one wheel is very dumb looking to me. Oh well here's hoping for the best but at this point I'm very skeptical.... and I'M the resident Transformers fan on here :D so if I'm skeptical that must be saying something.

Guest DCAUFan1051
it actually looks like in the beginning scenes Bay has combined the Asteroid shots from Armageddon and the Aircraft Carrier from Pearl Harbor WTF?

?????

No WAY. The aircraft carrier had JETS on it. JETS. As in planes that did not exist in World War II.

I just meant the scene looked like he pulled it outta Pearl Harbor minus the dang jets lol was specifically talking about the aircraft carrier and the ocean around it.... It just looks that way to me but as I said I'm not reading to much into the movie until I see it for myself.

• 1 month later...

I saw that list of characters on screen, way too many I doubt there names are even mentioned. I was not really a fan of the original series but Cheetor wasn't part of eh

The list i saw on yahoo did not have Megatron listed as one of the Characters but did have the Fallen. So who's the main villain here?

Too many Robots.

Ehh...

I was actually disappointed with the low number of Autobots in the first film. I mean, the original cartoon had at least a dozen Autobots right at the start.

I don't think that having more transformers will hurt the film, since it's likely that only Bumblebee and Optimus will have much of any character focus.

They're just more soldiers in a war, right?

Too many Robots.

Ehh...

I was actually disappointed with the low number of Autobots in the first film. I mean, the original cartoon had at least a dozen Autobots right at the start.

I don't think that having more transformers will hurt the film, since it's likely that only Bumblebee and Optimus will have much of any character focus.

They're just more soldiers in a war, right?

A movie is a lot different than a cartoon. You can't have too much going on because people will get confused. Look at Spider man 3. People were pissed because it had 3 villains. This movie is going to have all the ones from the first movie, all the ones on the list, plus at least two that haven't been announced, plus all the humans. That's around 25 robots plus the human stars to keep up with in one 2 hour movie. That's too much.

A movie is a lot different than a cartoon. You can't have too much going on because people will get confused. Look at Spider man 3. People were pissed because it had 3 villains. This movie is going to have all the ones from the first movie, all the ones on the list, plus at least two that haven't been announced, plus all the humans. That's around 25 robots plus the human stars to keep up with in one 2 hour movie. That's too much.

But see, this case is different because the individual transformers don't all have their own storylines. Spider-man 3 was messed up because it jumbled three different movies into one, while still trying to retain a deep emotional attachment to all three.

If they add more transformers to an action scene, then fine. The way I see it, you don't even need to know the individual 'bots unless you want to; they're just soldiers, exactly like the G1 transformers.

• 2 weeks later...
A 90 second clip from the movie plus more quick shots from the movie: http://vimeo.com/4208071

This got me really excited for the movie now.

Prime getting his ass kicked looks wicked.

I don't care what anyone says; these Transformers films are fun. Say what you will about the plot and dialogue; they're still great summer blockbuster films. That shot of Optimus and Megatron flying through the office building in the first film has yet to be topped by *any* movie, period.

Guest DCAUFan1051
A 90 second clip from the movie plus more quick shots from the movie: http://vimeo.com/4208071

This got me really excited for the movie now.

Prime getting his ass kicked looks wicked.

I don't care what anyone says; these Transformers films are fun. Say what you will about the plot and dialogue; they're still great summer blockbuster films. That shot of Optimus and Megatron flying through the office building in the first film has yet to be topped by *any* movie, period.

Agreed Jack it was wicked did you see the effect where it looks like Prime's spitting out teeth? That looked awesome.

And KnightWing I completely agree that they are fun.... My only gripe as the resident TF fan here is that they didn't use the real G1 character names for Sam and his father. Maybe they didn't have the rights to I dunno but wish they would have. The new footage is awesome and I'm getting superpumped for the film.

.... My only gripe as the resident TF fan here is that they didn't use the real G1 character names for Sam and his father.

Weren't Spike and Sparkplug just nicknames anyway?

Actually, the nickname Spike was supposed to be used in the first film but the writers said it was just forced and didn't make sense.