Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

James D.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this little tidbit on the Anime Weekend Atlanta forums:

Protip: Pit can fly himself all the way from the bottom edge of the stage and back to the corner, no problem. If you try to KO him from the side, he can fly back and fire arrows at the opponent without using his up+B move.

Looks like Pit is going to be the most unbalanced character in the game. That's absurd. Even KIRBY isn't that bad.

To be fair, Smash Bros was never a terribly balanced game to begin with.

If Virtua Fighter 5 or SF3: Third Strike had even half the people that waste their time on this series, I'd be in fighting heaven.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm quite pissed that my local GameStop is not having a midnight sale. Now I'm going to have to get my copy after work, or somehow...SOMEHOW...go on my break to the store and pick it up (which will be rather difficult seeing as how they won't be open at 10am). With all the horror stories of GameStop and reserved copies of games that go missing or are sold to people who didn't reserve games, I shudder to think what may happen to my reserved copy once I get there after 3pm on Sunday.

I'm quite pissed that my local GameStop is not having a midnight sale. Now I'm going to have to get my copy after work, or somehow...SOMEHOW...go on my break to the store and pick it up (which will be rather difficult seeing as how they won't be open at 10am). With all the horror stories of GameStop and reserved copies of games that go missing or are sold to people who didn't reserve games, I shudder to think what may happen to my reserved copy once I get there after 3pm on Sunday.

There's a 48 hour company mandated hold, but if they sell your copy, you can pretty easily bitch yourself into a free game.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, the chances of them running out of copies is absurdly slim given the allocations the stores recieve.

Gave this a rent. It's just about exactly what I expected, for better or worse.

Gamecube controller is pretty much a requirement, I've noticed. Remote control's like balls.

Sonic. Fucking. Owns. :shocked::w00t:

If you can control his speed, you have a ridiculously crazy character to wield. His only real disadvantage that I've seen is that he isn't very strong and he lacks a real killing blow. Finally, I have a new character besides the Kirbster to master.

• 3 months later...

i got this today as it just came out over here.

My fucking god am I disappointed.

maybe it's cause i haven't took the time to play my wii in weeks, but the controls were just annoying as hell!

i just couldn't get into it, going to retry tomorrow, anyone got any advice on the controls, cause they are getting on my F**king nerves.

looks nice though.

P.S i haven't tried the story mode yet, or red the manual I'm one of the "bah, I'll figure it out as i go along, like i did with bah!" guys.

But dam the controls with the classic control are the only ones i can use as the wii with nunchuck is annoying, the wiimote alone got on my nerves within one freaking match!