Episode 156

RSS

Again, I listened to the entire thing (which is quite a feat for someone who doesn't read comics!) and enjoyed the reviews. Disappointing to hear that DC drops the ball more often than it runs with it (ie/ the Amazon attacks thingamy that Des called). I too love the idea of a Trickster/Piper sitcom - a superhero sitcom is probably one of the very few sitcom ideas that hasn't happened as of yet (think witches in 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch' and a Snow White-based sitcom called 'The Charmings' that I remember being on after Captain Planet when I was about 5).

Disappointing to hear that DC drops the ball more often than it runs with it (ie/ the Amazon attacks thingamy that Des called).

Thanks for listening Ian!

Yeah DC drops the ball but I quite like the GG/Athena thing. It just so happened I'm brilliant enough to pick up on it. ;)

Now if only we can see it in the pages of Countdown...

it's intresting that you guys seemed to despise Jim Calafiore's art while other podcasts like CGS and Comic Book Noise seem to think that he is the best artist on the series. not that i have anything to say on the subject considering i don't read Countdown anymore but i just thought that was really intresting. On a different note, i think i listened to over 10 hours worth of podcasts this past week all focused on Countdown and i honestly don't know why considering i could care less about this series.

Clearly anybody who thinks Jim Calafiore is the best artist on the series has selective memory (or terrible eyesight).

mary-marvel.jpg

And for the record, I don't think I called him the worst Countdown artist. Des has, but not me. All I've said is that he's not my favorite artist and that he's a guy I can never get into, style wise.