Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the kids offered me a Slim Jim at work. Of course I couldn't help myself and said "Snap into a Slim Jim" in Macho's voice and after biting it said "oh yeah". I had 10 confused kids staring at me after that.

Then you should really fuck with people, and go behind a prop at a school play and yell, "Art thou bored?!!!"

One of the kids offered me a Slim Jim at work. Of course I couldn't help myself and said "Snap into a Slim Jim" in Macho's voice and after biting it said "oh yeah". I had 10 confused kids staring at me after that.

Were you waving your hands from side to side in front of your mouth, then twirling your finger to the ceiling and doing a little twirl yourself? If not, that's probably why they looked at you weird.

If you did, well, those kids just don't have any taste.

We met with the rabbi today, and he said, "After the ceremony, find a quiet spot to spend 10 or 15 minutes alone together. Just... being together." Afterwards, I asked Shana if he meant we should have a quickie, and, yeah, she thinks that's what he meant.

Best. Rabbi. Ever! :D

I was watching trailers for the new Green Lantern movie and I gotta say, I think they actually did their research. But I was thinking, what if the Joker ended up intercepting the ring from Abin Sur instead of Hal. And do you think the Justice League could have stopped him? Just thinking hard and would like some insight.

I was watching trailers for the new Green Lantern movie and I gotta say, I think they actually did their research. But I was thinking, what if the Joker ended up intercepting the ring from Abin Sur instead of Hal. And do you think the Justice League could have stopped him? Just thinking hard and would like some insight.

The lantern rings only seek out those who are worthy of their power. Green Lantern rings seek out those who have extreme willpower, a la Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner. Random trivia fact: if Krypton had never exploded, Kal-El would have likely been chosen the Green Lantern of that space sector (2813) after Tomar-Re retired or died.

Other non-Green lantern rings have sought out Earth villains in recent history. Scarecrow was temporarily given a yellow lantern ring because of his ability to inspire fear. Lex Luthor was given an orange ring due to his extreme avarice. But Joker doesn't have much of any particular alignment with any of the lantern rings, so he'd be extremely unlikely to ever become a lantern of any sort.

The ring chooses worthiness based on willpower so it's not as if you need to be a pure of heart hero to get one (Guy, Jack T. Chance and G'Nort come to mind). Sinestro used his will t force his entire sector into peace. It was kind of like giving Stalin a ring. Ol' Uncle Joe wasn't the nicest guy on earth, but I bet he had great willpower.

In other news: I love Twitter. Where else on earth would I have had a back and forth with Kurt Busiek about an obscure Iron Man story he had in "Marvel Super-Heroes" in the 90s?

Edit: the prophecy calls for Sinestro to be the greatest GL of all. Even though I plan on dropping all monthlies if they reboot the DCU, I will stay on monthly to a Sinestro fronted GL book written by Johns and drawn by Reis or Mahnke.

They tried a story like that during the last season of The Batman. It was pretty lame.

They tried a story like that during the last season of The Batman. It was pretty lame.

Wasn't that Penguin? And yeah, it was shit.

Honestly, I don't think that The Joker would have worked with any of the corps. Outside of being insane, the man doesn't have the concentration required for a green ring, his inability to stay in line would keep Sinestro from letting him into his corps, The Joker doesn't have enough outright greed for Orange, he doesn't rage very often and it's more murderous than vengancey, and the positive emotion rings would just outright reject him out of principle. Really, the Joker is a great character as is and doesn't need a power ring to be a sociopath.