Randomness

Missy

I've been wondering something.

Let's say you're Cable. You're protecting this baby whilst on the run and constantly getting into gunfights.

Where would you put the baby?

A backpack seems like a no-go. Having an infant strapped to your back where you can't see it (especially while running) is a terrible idea.

Would you just hold the baby in one arm? That doesn't seem like the greatest idea either.

The whole babychest thing looks a bit ridiculous at first glance, but I kind of think that it's probably the most logical choice given the situation. Cable can use his arms (especially his giant metal one) to protect the baby, he can see her at all times (as well as any threats that she might be [literally] facing), and both his arms are free to do whatever they need to. It's still not a great idea, but bringing a baby into life-threatening situations is a bad idea in general.

This is was Daniel Ketchum's defence was when I asked about this at C2E2- Where would he put the baby? I say it could possibly go anywhere but the truth is it could go exactly the same place with a couple of minor changes. Firstly, the baby is directly centre-mass, occupying the space that is normally reserved for a bullet-proof vest. He's literally put the thing where professionals place their first line of defence, but hasn't had to good grace to give the damn thing protection!. Secondly, and to my mind more importantly, he's gone so far as to place a damn X on the baby! It's like he WANTS her to die.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's literally put the thing where professionals place their first line of defence, but hasn't had to good grace to give the damn thing protection!.

Dang, that's what I was going to say. I can understand the logic of putting her there, but it still seems really weird that the baby is strapped to the area of his body that people will be concentrating their fire on.

But honestly, it's only a small part of why this became a meme here. I'm sure in an alternate universe there were people laughing just as hard at the new babyshoulder rating for terrible comics.

He's literally put the thing where professionals place their first line of defence, but hasn't had to good grace to give the damn thing protection!.

Dang, that's what I was going to say. I can understand the logic of putting her there, but it still seems really weird that the baby is strapped to the area of his body that people will be concentrating their fire on.

But honestly, it's only a small part of why this became a meme here. I'm sure in an alternate universe there were people laughing just as hard at the new babyshoulder rating for terrible comics.

So in an alternate Earth-2.net board there is an emoticon for a babycrotch? The world where someone thought it was a good idea for Cable to run around with a baby strapped to his crotch is the world I want to live in.

Oh man, I didn't even think of babycrotch.

I'm glad I don't live in that world.

I dunno. That's also the world where Batman the Animated series lasted a season and Mike and James did a Transformers podcast instead of WFP, Going from the original Series To Beast Wars into Beast Machines and, despite arguments that it's not in continuity, covering Transformers Animated. Also, DW is really awesome at racing games as opposed to fighters, something that co-host of Extra Lives, Tom Hemmings , never hears the end about, especially when it comes to the new installment of Capcom's Street Racing series. Dread Media covers the finest in Noir fiction. Ian and Adham Fisher have explored the long running "Thin Man" film franchise from it's original film "The Thin Man" in 1934 through the 31st installment, The Thin Man Goes Hawaiian. Dan and Mike every other Sunday bring you The Final Frontier Cast where there's a new death for Wesley Crusher every episode it seems. Hannah and Preston cover the works of JJ Abrams in Podcast Together or Die Alone and will have a Shut Up Kate count ready for when they get to Lost. Finally, Dave Probert and Ian Wilson are covering a program that's never been available stateside called Doctor Who in "Guess Who?"

Email exchange with a friend who runs my LCS:

Me: I will be swinging by late Thursday afternoon. See you then!

Him: I am both saddened & heartened to here that news. It’s good that you’ll get to read some sweet comic books but sad because I’ll be in Idaho.

Me: Bummer! Idaho?! I have no words....

Him:I think that’s the slogan on the licence plates.

Oh man, I didn't even think of babycrotch.

I'm glad I don't live in that world.

I dunno. That's also the world where Batman the Animated series lasted a season and Mike and James did a Transformers podcast instead of WFP, Going from the original Series To Beast Wars into Beast Machines and, despite arguments that it's not in continuity, covering Transformers Animated. Also, DW is really awesome at racing games as opposed to fighters, something that co-host of Extra Lives, Tom Hemmings , never hears the end about, especially when it comes to the new installment of Capcom's Street Racing series. Dread Media covers the finest in Noir fiction. Ian and Adham Fisher have explored the long running "Thin Man" film franchise from it's original film "The Thin Man" in 1934 through the 31st installment, The Thin Man Goes Hawaiian. Dan and Mike every other Sunday bring you The Final Frontier Cast where there's a new death for Wesley Crusher every episode it seems. Hannah and Preston cover the works of JJ Abrams in Podcast Together or Die Alone and will have a Shut Up Kate count ready for when they get to Lost. Finally, Dave Probert and Ian Wilson are covering a program that's never been available stateside called Doctor Who in "Guess Who?"

I don't know what I'm wondering about more, how much elaborate detail you were able to go into about Earth-3.net, or the fact that I was not bloody mentioned at all. :cry: