Randomness

Missy

Boring, Maryland

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boring is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland, at the intersection of Old Hanover Road and Pleasant Grove Road, about 5 miles north of Reisterstown. An important stop on the Western Maryland Railroad, it is very small, consisting of about 40 houses, the Boring Methodist Church, Boring Volunteer Fire Company organized in 1907, and the Boring Post Office (ZIP Code: 21020). It is known for its unusual name, which wasn't named for the pace of life, but for postmaster David Boring.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm getting tipsy with an awesome British chick at the pub with the lads. It's already wearing off. Who has my fish and chips? Bullocks.

Bollocks is spelled with two o's. Well, that's how I spell it. Try and be Scottish and ask for salt and vinegar on those fish and chips.

I have a self new years resolution: buy less stuff that isn't needed. Today I went out and got a pipe.

Salt and vinegar always goes on my fish and chips. Yummers. As for my spelling, I was typing in the bar, a few Jack and Cokes in the hole, with no spell check. That said, I was phonetically close.

Yeah, you were. Also, you have to try a roll and fritter, with salt and vinegar, it is made of awesome.

:huh:

None of those answers actually have the honest answer of "No, it doesn't."

I have, no joke, gotten out of exactly three of those situations with flying colors. There are at least two solid responses to that question that will not only get you out unscathed, but score you brownie points as well. They end up shoving you into the "good friend" category, though. =/

As you can see from the site and forums, I clearly prefer the European method of writing dates: day month year. But would it be really pretentious if I wrote it out using a mixture of the European style and Roman numerals? Such as 01 January MMX.

It looks cool to me, so I might have to try it out. (Personally, I mean. Not for the site.)

Mao is an utterly stupid card game that should never be played. If people need to argue for an hour over rules to play a card game, then the game does not need to be played. In addition, the next person that tells me that euchre has too many rule gets punched right in the face.

See, I like Mao. But then again, when I played it, there was no arguing. We just sort of grumbled when we screwed up and kept playing.

Here is my main problem with the game. You try and play with a group of people and it takes forever to get started. The rules are so bastardized that everyone comes in with a different set of standard rules. As such, you either argue before hand and people refuse to play as their rules are not being listened to or you argue while playing after someone hands cards for not doing something that is not a standard rule for them. Mao is a game that can be fun if you have the right amount of people, but like I said the more people, the more arguing and the less fun had by all.

As you can see from the site and forums, I clearly prefer the European method of writing dates: day month year. But would it be really pretentious if I wrote it out using a mixture of the European style and Roman numerals? Such as 01 January MMX.

It looks cool to me, so I might have to try it out. (Personally, I mean. Not for the site.)

That actually does look really cool, do you mind if I steal that idea for my own personal use :)

As for Euchre, I find anything that involves 'bowers' just simply is too hard for some people to grasp.

Spent the last week in Fort Collins, Colorado visiting Lucy's family. Visited my favorite martini bar, and found a GREAT hole-in-the-wall comic shop. I leave to act in Saginaw, Michigan tomorrow, at the Associated College Theatre Festival, trying to get a scholarship for a friend of mine. Three timezones in two days, a new record.