Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use chrome, a lot nicer than firefox, and it remembers me.

Chrome runs like crap on my mac; it's actually slower than Firefox 3.5

Really, it runs really fast for me. Firefox was always crashing and forgetting the information I asked it to remember. Chrome not only remembers, but it actually says "Is this what your looking for? Just click and I'll take you to it"

I'm now teaching a course with The Maltese Falcon and Old Man and the Sea on the reading list.

The Old Man and the Sea is terribly boring book. Seriously.

I know someone else, another English teacher working with high-risk high school students, and he uses Watchmen. Think about it.

Also, get those kids some Faulkner.

Faulkner will fuck them up. I've seen it happen.

Watchmen I use on certain students. They have to have a lot of knowledge of the world in the early eighties and of comic books. It's also a much denser read than most novels. Joyce is easier.

Edit: Old Man and the Sea will hit certain notes with fishermen. We have a lot of those here. We're a seafaring people.

I'm now teaching a course with The Maltese Falcon and Old Man and the Sea on the reading list.

The Old Man and the Sea is terribly boring book. Seriously.

Now you see, I liked The Old Man and the Sea. I first read it in high school and I last read it about a year ago. It's not Hemingway's best work but it feels real. Sure, nothing really happens but nothing really happens in life. I wish one of my teachers had assigned The Old Man and the Sea instead of making us read Babbitt.

Edited to add: I'm going to make a cake to eat during 30 Rock tonight!

Edited by dc20willsave