Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to see Stewart Lee tonight. Super-excited.

Enjoy.

I personally don't find him funny, outside of Jerry Springer: The opera.

If he mentions Princess Diana's death, or 9/11 please slap him for me.

Come on, those bits were hilarious. I'm looking forward to a 30-40 minute routine on why he wishes Richard Hammond had died in that crash. Yes that's a part of his current show. He really doesn't have a lot of malice, you shouldn't take everything he says to heart. Even if he's right.

Was it the bit he did on the Scotch? And the paedophile Braveheart?

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I though they were a little funny, it was just he was talking about the death of Diana, eight years later, as if it was a current topic. That's what annoyed me, it came across like he couldn't be arsed writing new material in the interim.

I'll look up the stuff you mentioned on youtube, and give him another shot. But like I said, he did Jerry Springer: The opera and that's all I liked him for.

Stewart Lee was phenomenal. Somehow he makes routines about Cafe Nero loyalty cards and cider adverts work. 20 minute routines that are funny all the way through and then suddenly put into a larger context and become genius. Got some signed merch out of it too, well worth it all.

Nice, what d'you get signed?

He signed the ticket and a copy of 90's comedian, which is the only DVD of his i don't have. I have it as an iTunes download, but I figured what the hell.

Regards to the outdated stuff, when Diana died and 9/11 happened he wasn't working as a standup, so you can forgive a little material in that area. Plus, whilst that is where those routines started the Diana one ended discussing her memorial fountain, which was recent at the time, and the 9/11 thing related to a later event and his response to that. So the major events causing those routines was long ago, but a lot of the follow-up that makes his take worthwhile is usually within the last couple of years. I highly advise check his stuff out, he's extremely good. Although if you don't like him that's no prob because he really isn't to everyone's taste. Robbie Williams walked out of one of his gigs once. so if you don't like him, that means you're the same as Robbie Williams.

Nice, what d'you get signed?

He signed the ticket and a copy of 90's comedian, which is the only DVD of his i don't have. I have it as an iTunes download, but I figured what the hell.

Regards to the outdated stuff, when Diana died and 9/11 happened he wasn't working as a standup, so you can forgive a little material in that area. Plus, whilst that is where those routines started the Diana one ended discussing her memorial fountain, which was recent at the time, and the 9/11 thing related to a later event and his response to that. So the major events causing those routines was long ago, but a lot of the follow-up that makes his take worthwhile is usually within the last couple of years. I highly advise check his stuff out, he's extremely good. Although if you don't like him that's no prob because he really isn't to everyone's taste. Robbie Williams walked out of one of his gigs once. so if you don't like him, that means you're the same as Robbie Williams.

So, you didn't get your tits signed?

Anyway, thats a horrible thing to say! Same as Robbie Williams.

I'll put him on the "Things I have to look at list" which right now includes:

Strazinsky's Thor.

Torchwood: Season 2.

Stewart Lee stand up.

I've heard nothing but good things about the wire. So it is going on the list. Also, State of play.

State of play, isn't that getting made into, or has been adapted to an American film recently?

It was changed from a 6 hour mini starring John Simm, David Morrissey, James McAvoy and Bill Nighy to a 2 hour film starring Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Helen Mirren. The film is ok. The series is fucking great, not least because the James McAvoy character is actually in the damn thing. With is fairly cruicial, because he's GREAT in it. As is John Simm, if you like him in Who then why not watch him in the best thing he ever did?

To say that there is a Superjesus is to imply that there is a BatJesus too, which would be crazy since that would mean he's avenging the death of his own father, God.

And considering Christian doctrine that there is one God in three persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) Jesus would be avenging His own death.

You know what would make these forums fun right now.

Some pep.

GAH! I clicked on the scary Lithgow clip again. Stop doing that to me or I'm going to dump my savings just to fly to Glasgow to kick your ass.

If you come to Glasgow, then.....then......I'll just have to book tickets for a show at a theatre for you! I hope you look the young hopeful actors performing dramatic roles for your enjoyment!