Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome site. I have no idea what these people even think they're angry about.

I think it's something like "Our president is a negro and also from Africa and also he is not a citizen and also he is a Muslim and also I can't speel, bring back my Mmuuurrcah! Ain't my president! I get to be racist under the guise of...of...well it's my right as a citizen of these United States!"

I do not, as a rule, have a problem with Republicans, or Libertarians, or Moderates or anyone who I don't see eye to eye with ideologically, but this movement is sick.

Its the anti-education movement. That's not to say that right wing = idiots, just that these people are morons who trust a word Glen Beck says.

If things go the way of Texas (which they will, because textbook companies are not going to print state-curriculum-specific editions), anti-education will be the only education.

Guest dstroketheterminator

-Just showing that some people take it too far (Not me, I posted that as Devil's Advocate)

-Heh, you're kinda right.

EDIT: Just to clear up, I'm not racist or hate Obama, I just think people are learning he isn't living up to expectations. Obama%2520Awesome.jpg

-Just showing that some people take it too far (Not me, I posted that as Devil's Advocate)

Um, you can't do both:

"In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with for the sake of argument."

If you were truly playing Devil's advocate, you would be supporting the decision to make a point. Instead, you saw what Stavros had to say as an excuse to post a picture, instead of adding something thoughtful to the conversation.

Guest dstroketheterminator

After seeing a pic of Donald Duck as a Nazi, I remembered how much I prefer Daffy. I remember when I was little I thought Donald abandoned Huey,Dewey, and Louie, and that's why they moved in with Uncle Scrooge on DuckTales. After researching it, I was kinda right, he dumped them on Scrooge's doorstep so he could join the navy. I know this has to do with nothing, but hey, it's the Randomness thread. Also, Donald Duck is just fucking annoying., give me daffy any day. anvil.gif

After seeing a pic of Donald Duck as a Nazi[...]

Seriously?

You've linked a pic that is embedded in the Wiki entry for Der Fuehrer's Face, a satirical, anti-Nazi propaganda flick Disney put out during WWII (which, by the way, ends with Donald waking up from a horrible nightmare; he was never a Nazi at all, God Bless America, etc., etc.).

And this, THIS somehow bolsters an arbitrary preference between cartoon ducks?

FFS.

First off, Der Fuehrer's Face is possibly one of the greatest cartoon's of all time so don't mock it. Secondly, while I admit, much of the Warner Brother's cartoons are funnier, Disney, much of the time, was trying for a little bit more. The Silly Symphony shorts, for example, were the direct ancestors of Fantasia, still one of the greatest pictures of all time. For that matter, Warner's early characters were often pale comparisons to Disney's. There are times that Daffy is less annoying than Donald but it also depends on which version of Daffy. Donald is pretty consistent in his depiction. Daffy is either a bundle of insanity or the dupe that bad things happen to. It's usually one or the other and then when we put in the egomaniac tendencies and it just gets worse.

Also, to say Donald just dumped the nephews on Uncle Scrooge is like saying that I'm forcing you to eat Fillet Mignon when you've been eating Hamburger for years. Going into the Navy was necessary for the plot since, let's face it, having Donald as part of the regular cast of Duck Tales would have eventually over powered the rest and wouldn't have allowed characters like Uncle Scrooge or Launchpad to shine.