Randomness

Missy

I'm pretty done with Linkara. When I can go from looking up to a guy, to being able to review a comic more fairly and hilariously than he can in the span of about 6 months, that shows something.

Yeah, I'm calling it. Earth-2 versus TGWTG. It's a throwdown in Chi-Town, C2E2 2012.

Think of all the matchups:

Des vs. Cinema Snob

Toland vs. Their Other comic Guy

Dubs vs. Spoony

Hannah versus some sort of female contributor

Myself vs. Linkara

And headlining?

Sims vs. Walker: This time it's to the death.

You're forgetting Ian and Stavros vs. Film Brain.

You are a goddamned genius.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I have the contact details for wallmountedshelving? I've been looking for a way to make money from my passion of using treated timber in new and interesting ways and I really think this could be the launching pad for it!

Just think of the podcasting opportunities as well.

Wallmountedshelving.net the show: Where the hosts go through a myriad of different wall mounting topics, such as:

First wallmounting special, where they review first wallmounted shelves by newbies. Waiting for the wallmount, for people who don't want to buy bookshelves and bookcase products and wait for the wallmounts to be installed.

Reddick and Sims: Where two wallmounted shelving enthusiasts talk about the shelving industry today.

Grumpy old wall mounters: Two old wall mounted shelving fans discuss why they think new wallmounted shelving techniques just aren't as good as the old day.

Wallmountedshelving.net: Wall mounted culture at its finest.

I'm pretty done with Linkara. When I can go from looking up to a guy, to being able to review a comic more fairly and hilariously than he can in the span of about 6 months, that shows something.

Yeah, I'm calling it. Earth-2 versus TGWTG. It's a throwdown in Chi-Town, C2E2 2012.

Think of all the matchups:

Des vs. Cinema Snob

Toland vs. Their Other comic Guy

Dubs vs. Spoony

Hannah versus some sort of female contributor

Myself vs. Linkara

And headlining?

Sims vs. Walker: This time it's to the death.

I don't know who any of those people are.

But I'm still willing to fight.

Linkara is claiming he has decided to end his show:

I've come to a conclusion that, in light of recent events, and just how I feel about the show, that I don't think i'm going to be doing reviews anymore or i'm going to take a whole new/different direction of the show, so, I hope there is no hard feelings. You'll still be able to watch all the old episodes though!

He claims he will have an episode up in a few days to explain the situation. Facebook post source.

I've come to a conclusion that, in light of recent events, and just how I feel about the show, that I don't think i'm going to be doing reviews anymore or i'm going to take a whole new/different direction of the show, so, I hope there is no hard feelings. You'll still be able to watch all the old episodes though!

He claims he will have an episode up in a few days to explain the situation. Facebook post source.

I'm not saying you're wrong (yet), but there is nothing on his blog or his twitter about it and his Facebook page is a fan page run by someone else.

He claims he will have an episode up in a few days to explain the situation.

Once he lost Preston, there was no future hope for Atop The Fourth Wall...

I never found Linkara to be a funny reviewer, but I did learn a bit about comics when the focus wasn't on obviously crap stories. And hey, he had the cajones to go through the entirety of Countdown! I'm fine with the show not contuing in its current form, but really, that site is overpopulated with bad reviewers to the point that Linkara is one of the better guys on the roster. This is painfully obvious when he jointly reviewd The Spirit with.......Film Brain, who I would quite happily beat to death alongside Stavros, Adham, Pandy, my co-workers, people who live on my street, Mancunians and any other patriotic countryman that wanted rid of that unsightly British blemish.

I forget what my original point was, but I think TGWTG.com suffers from a kind of popularity short-termism that's all too common on the net. In the same way that Facebook has conquered MySpace and that Homestarrunner.com used to be popular, it's been around 3-4 years and, as Dubs said, its audience is starting to tire of it. Whether the product is in decline or not, people will move onto the next big site.

I'm not saying you're wrong (yet), but there is nothing on his blog or his twitter about it.

Well, I did say claiming. Chances are it might all just be bullshit, the person who put up the Facebook update claims their will be a video in the next few days explaining the situation.

Film Brain, who I would quite happily beat to death alongside Stavros, Adham, Pandy, my co-workers, people who live on my street, Mancunians and any other patriotic countryman that wanted rid of that unsightly British blemish.

You know, I sometimes think you purposefully forget Scotland is a part of the UK. Or is it because you're still annoyed about equilibrium :P