Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really dislike the ongoing storylines guys like Linkara throw into their stuff. I know "The fat nerd in the star trek uniform pretending is getting in the way of my internet comic reviews" isn't exactly the most credible argument and I do try to stay nerd-proud, but man watching those things is like beating yourself over the head with the idea that what you're doing isn't and never will be cool. In an age when Geek Culture is taking root and becoming widespread its a massive regression.

Yes, this is probably more about my own issues than something other people are doing wrong.

The sad fact is that a majority of the people making video reviews would much rather be making movies and the majority of people doing written reviews would much rather be writing books.

Sad, but true. I gave up on Linkara a while ago. Partly because of his stupid storylines that I didn't care about, and mostly because he was ripping into easy target comics, like licensed free comics, that nobody has ever, or will ever give a shit about.

The only person I still watch on the site is the Nostalgia Critic, and even he is getting grating with his needless crossovers with random people on his site.

This whole breast feeding in public debate is weird. I understand it's a natural thing, but so is pooping and you don't do that in public do you? How hard is it to move to a semi private area to do it? You might not feel weird about it, but I do because now I have to avoid looking at you or I might look seem a creep. It's like that guy that always wants to have a conversation in the locker room while naked. It seems like a normal thing to do, but it's uncomfortable for everyone else.

I've seen a few women just whip a breast out and start feeding in public without covering up, yeah. The debate as I understand it more as all breasts are sexual things no matter what the context vs breasts are more than just sexual things/activists who are for feeding a baby wherever and not having to go into a bathroom to do so/think that equating a bare breast even if it's feeding is puritanical.

Me, I don't give a shit what you do, mostly. I'd prefer you cover up, but if you don't want to, meh.

I tend to think that if it's illegal to go topless, then the presence of a baby shouldn't make a difference. If people disagree, they should try to have the indecency laws changed, not argue that those laws don't apply in instances of breast feeding.

In any case, the blanket thing is something everyone should do anyhow, unless your name is Katy Perry.