Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is why I love my comic shop. I go it today to kill some time before grabbing a late lunch. The owner says he has something for me. Ten years ago, I offhandedly asked for a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #50. He finally got one somehow and remembered me and saved it for me. Then he just gave it to me AND bought me dinner. Just because he is awesome like that.

So here's a fun story I just found out about. One of my co-workers in my department is a big fan of Nickelback (we bug her about it plenty). She's also a cousin of LA Kings forward Dustin Penner (a fact she does not shy away from considering he won the Stanley Cup last year).

Here's Dustin Penner's tweet after Jason Collins came out as gay:

Honestly I don't care if you are gay or straight as my teammate. As long as you don't listen to Nickelback. #courage

Thinking about running another draft or other board-wide activity. The Sheep competitions on the oratory work quite well, all you do is propose ten questions and you get points for how many answer the same as you. So if I asked who the best Doctor is and 4 people said Tom Baker they'd get four points each. Anyone have ideas on either front?

The draft I had in mind was one I've mentioned, a Dr Who draft. You get 7 picks to vote for story elements, so you could draft say a Doctor, a companion or two, a location/period, a villain etc. No forced types of picks per round, if you want Davros more that a Doctor you could take him first. If you want London more than Rory Williams you can have it.

The only restriction is you can only pick one Doctor. If we have more than 11 people you could just make a Torchwood style show from companions or other characters. Or you could envision a Who spinoff from the start, The Adventures of Sparrow and Nightingale or something like that. Up to you. Then you can craft a story from those parts if you like. Thoughts?

The 'We Buy Gold' store (actual name of the store) on the way home as long since use the 'man twirling sign' form of marketing. However, slowly over time, the man with the sign has become increasingly lazy. He now has a chair, foot stool, table, cooler, and portable TV. Today he added a holder for the sign. I would say this would hamper the advertisement, but I have never seen anyone in that store.

The 'We Buy Gold' store (actual name of the store) on the way home as long since use the 'man twirling sign' form of marketing. However, slowly over time, the man with the sign has become increasingly lazy. He now has a chair, foot stool, table, cooler, and portable TV. Today he added a holder for the sign. I would say this would hamper the advertisement, but I have never seen anyone in that store.

Fucking unions...