Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At work today, one of my co-workers was talking about his upcoming wedding, it turned to people talking about ceremonies they've taken part in, and I brought up the geeky wedding plan I've had for years (groomsmen wear sports coats and super-hero t-shirts, the grooms walk out with the wedding party holding lightsabers) and it hit, Holy Christ, I want to get married someday. Like, I've been thinking, it would be cool to have a relationship someday and now, suddenly, I'm thinking how neat it would be to wake up next to the same person everyday, file a joint tax refund, not go to jail for the same crime.

The Sheriffs Department and ASPCA seized 1200 chickens from four farms in my hometown today, as part of a raid on a cockfighting ring. Ben and I drove by during one of the raids, on the way to visit my parents, prompting me to ask, "Do you guys know what's happening south of town at that farm that sells kittens and strawberries?"

I'm pretty sure I live in a third world hellhole.

Right, this deserves some context.

In a Ringu-esque style, during the car journey up to visit me, Richard exposed both Pandy and Adham to a song recorded by a prominent actor from the 1960s and 70s in Peter Wyngarde. The story goes that in 1970 the label RCA needed to put out a record for reasons of a tax write-off and therefore Wyngarde was allowed to release an album, unfettered by any conditions or restrictions to what the material was. Track #3 was a song called "Rape".

So like Ringu, when Richard played it to them, Pandy & Adham's mouths hung open is sheer disbelief (yes, even Adham - he's an innocent party in all this). So once they arrived at my house, they played it to me and had the same effect on me. It is quite simply the most appalling song ever, particularly by someone who was an honest to god celebrity back in the day (and is still alive today). I have to stress that none of the people mentioned in this story endorse this "song" to any degree. Except Peter Wyngarde, presumably.

For those of you who are inclined to sample this batshit, misogynistic, racist tune - have at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFPaJ1RjMg

Right, this deserves some context.

In a Ringu-esque style, during the car journey up to visit me, Richard exposed both Pandy and Adham to a song recorded by a prominent actor from the 1960s and 70s in Peter Wyngarde. The story goes that in 1970 the label RCA needed to put out a record for reasons of a tax write-off and therefore Wyngarde was allowed to release an album, unfettered by any conditions or restrictions to what the material was. Track #3 was a song called "Rape".

So like Ringu, when Richard played it to them, Pandy & Adham's mouths hung open is sheer disbelief (yes, even Adham - he's an innocent party in all this). So once they arrived at my house, they played it to me and had the same effect on me. It is quite simply the most appalling song ever, particularly by someone who was an honest to god celebrity back in the day (and is still alive today). I have to stress that none of the people mentioned in this story endorse this "song" to any degree. Except Peter Wyngarde, presumably.

For those of you who are inclined to sample this batshit, misogynistic, racist tune - have at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFPaJ1RjMg

That's the guy Claremont based Jason Wyngarde off isn't it?

My irreverent KISS tweet from the other night just got faved and RT'd by the guitarist from KISS (at the time).

11351157_10153323519557489_8738454055043

Edit: Vinnie Vincent is the one who looks the most "cougar-y." When Paul Stanley is in your bad, that's an insane accomplishment.

That's him on the right:

5BBCE22DBEEE614D83B03B2F459FBFE3.jpg

The sad part is, I never named him, so Vinnie must simply search for "Lick It Up" on Twitter.