Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that no-one really knows anything about what's going on, the conclusions that are ascribed to whatever actually did happen, be it by the media or by people taking to social media, are 1 part fascinating, 1 part sickening as a reflection upon society. I only brought it up because I wanted to riff on The Room, but it's amazing that people who have never met either Depp or Heard, nor know the innermost workings of their relationship, can so readily conclude who's in the wrong. And yet there are whole TV channels devoted to this kind of bullshit.

I hope that this "Skip" is on some kind of register....

I thought that was photoshopped, but it's apparently a real thing.

https://blogintomystery.com/2012/05/24/peter-parker-was-molested-as-a-boy-fact-i-got-misty-eyed-reading-this-fact-spider-man-and-power-pack/

I don't think it's part of the character's official history though.

Who said wrestling could ONLY be a bad influence on people? I've been watching ECW clips for the past few days and yesterday, when throwing the football around with my dad and sons, I pretty clearly broke the pointer finger on my right hand. I winced, yanked it back into place and kept throwing the ball around.

Email: We regret to inform you that we did not have as many signed copies of Joe Hill's FIREMAN as we had planned. As such, an unsigned copy was mailed to you yesterday. However, to make things right, a signed copy will be in the mail to you by the end of the day. Please accept both copies with our apologies.

Me: Okey doke.

I lost nearly an entire day because I got wrapped up in reading police logs from my hometown.

• "Received complaint from local resident whose husband refuses to stop farting."
  • "Received complaint from local resident concerning a small cat wandering the neighborhood she does not recognize."
  • "Received complaint from local resident about a car in the driveway across the street. Claims car is ugly."
  • "Received complaint from local resident concerning an individual on the roof of a neighboring residence who will not leave. Upon investigation, the individual was a roofer."

Random question for the randomness thread.  Having listened to Robbie Knievel on the Stone Cold Podcast, I'm hoping to get a bit of context.  I get that Evel Knievel was big.  I struggle understanding the why?  Was it just a case of a cool thing on 1 of 3 channels + nifty toys?  I feel like there has to be more to it than that.

Random question for the randomness thread.  Having listened to Robbie Knievel on the Stone Cold Podcast, I'm hoping to get a bit of context.  I get that Evel Knievel was big.  I struggle understanding the why?  Was it just a case of a cool thing on 1 of 3 channels + nifty toys?  I feel like there has to be more to it than that.

Given that he basically failed everything he did, people were tuning in to see a crash. Wouldn't you? Also, yes, three channels.

He was a little before my time, but you really can't undersell the whole "three channels" thing. He was a relentless slef-promotor who made sure he was on TV all the damn time, and the fact is he got hurt a lot. People watched not because they were going to see Evel Knievel jump his bike over a huge line of cars, but because they were almost certain the see him slam face first into said row of cars and hurt himself spectacularly on live television.

ETA: As Des has already pointed out, I see.

Edited by Dan

• 4 weeks later...