Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highlight (and I use this term loosely) of today's nine hour shift:

Being hit on and invited to party at a Jimmy Buffet concert with two guys who I'm pretty sure were my parents' age, if not older.

...I'm oscillating between flattered and creeped the fuck right out. Mostly that last one.

Anyone ever notice that in the first Lion King there are only three male lions and they're all pretty much direct blood relatives? We have a shitload of lionesses and three males so there's a lot of inbreeding going on there.

Well, when the Mustafa has the voice of James Earl Jones, can anyone say no to him?

Anyone ever notice that in the first Lion King there are only three male lions and they're all pretty much direct blood relatives? We have a shitload of lionesses and three males so there's a lot of inbreeding going on there.

Not necessarily.

That's normally the way it works with lions: few males and lots of females. I doubt that all the females were from the same genetic line; that's not normally how it works in lion prides. The males are often killed, or they might mate with a female and then leave the pride.

Besides, Scar and Mufasa were brothers, so they came from the same mother. Simba was born from Sarabi, so as long as there's no relation between Sarabi and Mufasa, he should be fine. Simba eventually had a cub with Nala, so she would have to be unrelated as well.

So as long as Mufasa's mother, Sarabi, and Nala don't have the same parentage, they should be fine.

I've got four and a half more hours to be here. This place is dead. I probably shouldn't be on here, but there is nothing else to do, as I've finished all my reading material, and I'm attempting (and not doing so well) at writing. I maybe, maybe see one car at the window every hour or so.

This is why ten hour shifts in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday goddamn suck, even if it is good money.

Preston, you're smoking? That's new. Also, you forget the ultimate time-waster: video games!

Problem with that is, I don't have the lighter. Or the gas can. Or anything I can start a fire with, except wooden buildings, and these fire starters that require matches that I do not have to light things. xD

Thus, the recurring issue of what the hell to do for the next four hours.