Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KnightWing, I made a grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich last night and dear god, you are a fucking genius. Going to try it with cheddar or havarti next time, see if it changes the taste much more than the smoked provolone, but regardless, fucking awesome idea.

Thanks!

Yeah, I had originally envisioned it with medium or sharp cheddar cheese. I'm also considering using a tiny bit of sea salt to help soak up the excess moisture from the bacon.

Dead kittens are not really a deterrent for me, so I'll continue.

1) The only thing good about the 1st movie was James Woods. The rest was bad acting, poor scripting, and proof positive that John Carpenter had lost what little he was pleased to call his "touch".

2) Okay, Los Muertos is not a good film, but it's nowhere near as abysmal as John Carpenter's. And, through the memory augmenting powers of vodka, I realize that neither movie is anything close to the book. I just think Los Muertos is a little bit closer to the spirit.

Wallpaper Time!

Here is a free wallpaper of two Secret Six covers I put together, because I was bored:

slide1cc.jpg

picture23n.jpg

("Right/Secondary Click" + "Save")

Oh, and I am not trying to make this the "uninteresting file sharing" thread, this is just some more randomness. Originally I was working on a way cooler wallpaper of the Secret Six, but then I had some computer problems, so I was stuck with this.

Every single retard complaining about Obama giving a speech to schoolchildren needds to be lined up against a wall and shot in the fucking face. That is all.

You should always give your president respect, I mean you can still have bumper stickers saying you hate him, but don't not let your children see his face. Let them see all the faces of politicians giving speeches so they can decide who they support. Because Americans have the freedom to choose the people who they think will be good at leading. And even when they are children, don't deny them their freedom. And people can learn from watching speeches, not only about political issues and about how Obama is going to make America better, but about how to be a speaker and do it when your the president. Also, when these presidents are giving speeches about what they are going to do as president is important to be seen by children so they remember things that might be important in the history of America.

While I agree with Des, I am always going to regret the fact that in my first presidential election, I voted for him. I should have just bit the bullet and voted with my beliefs, rather than the guy that won me over.

Honestly, I always felt I could respect a vote for McCain right up until his VP was announced. McCain is a solid guy, and my differences with his are really only political, he doesn't really believe anything that I find offensive or ridiculous. ANY vote that put Palin within spitting distance of somewhere with real power is just something I cannot respect, and say what you like but McCain is an old man and even if he finished out his terms having Palin as his no.2 just puts her in a more prominent position for longer, which is absolutely unacceptable, she's the only person I've seen at that level of politics who I'd consider less informed than Bush Jr.

You should always give your president respect, I mean you can still have bumper stickers saying you hate him, but don't not let your children see his face.

That's not exactly what the concern was. Obama has been spreading the word of his plan almost like an evangelist, and there was worry that he might be preaching to kids about his political stances. (how they have "a moral obligation to do X, Y, and Z," much like how he's been promoting his health care plan.)

In the end there was nothing even remotely controversial in his speech, though. One wonders if that was the plan all along, or if it was because of all the premature backlash. (this is the single greatest PR-centered administration of all time, after all)

Every president speaks to schools, and they always say the same thing, stay in school.

Very true.

Choosing Sarah Palin, and not being able to control her just proved to me he wasn't running his own campaign.

Y'know, I was just thinking the same thing about Obama and Biden.

Perhaps we should change the subject before things get uglier?