Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I just decided to write a story.

I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile now.

Everyone always complains about The WB/CW, and how their adaptations of superhero stories inevitably end up butchering the continuities of the tales we know and love with cheesy dialogue, unecessary love triangles, and all manner of unholy teen drama.

So I thought, "hey, why not embrace it?"

I'm going to write a story that centers on the characters from the Justice League as teenagers in high school together. It takes place in a completely different universe than the mainstream DCU, so the characters can go in totally different (and deliciously melodramatic) directions.

It's going to be a fun, Buffy-esque story that embraces witty-yet-cheesy dialogue and fun character moments.

It's going to be called Teen Justice. Yes, you are supposed to laugh. :)

So I just decided to write a story.

I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile now.

Everyone always complains about The WB/CW, and how their adaptations of superhero stories inevitably end up butchering the continuities of the tales we know and love with cheesy dialogue, unecessary love triangles, and all manner of unholy teen drama.

So I thought, "hey, why not embrace it?"

I'm going to write a story that centers on the characters from the Justice League as teenagers in high school together. It takes place in a completely different universe than the mainstream DCU, so the characters can go in totally different (and deliciously melodramatic) directions.

It's going to be a fun, Buffy-esque story that embraces witty-yet-cheesy dialogue and fun character moments.

It's going to be called Teen Justice. Yes, you are supposed to laugh. :)

You better add maths teacher Darkseid.

Perhaps if the Justice Leaguers we see a lot of (The Big Three, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Flash) are the cool kids then the lesser known ones (Zatanna, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Elongated Man, The Atom, Barbara Gordon, Booster Gold [Drama geek], and Blue Beetle) are the out crowd?

If Darkseid is the math teacher, Granny Goodness is the cheerleading coach perhaps? For that matter, Lex Luthor, student body president?

Perhaps if the Justice Leaguers we see a lot of (The Big Three, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Flash) are the cool kids then the lesser known ones (Zatanna, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Elongated Man, The Atom, Barbara Gordon, Booster Gold [Drama geek], and Blue Beetle) are the out crowd?

If Darkseid is the math teacher, Granny Goodness is the cheerleading coach perhaps? For that matter, Lex Luthor, student body president?

Actually, I kinda wanna avoid going that far with the teachers/villains angle. Linking the math teacher with the anti-life "equation" is brilliance, though. I'll have to work on that.

The leaguers won't be in an actual league, and there won't be that many of them at first. They're not superheroes (yet); they're all just kids who happen to have superpowers and end up at the same high school in Metropolis.

I made a separate thread for it. Any and all advice/comments are welcome. :)

Cottage Cheese dreams are crazy. What starts out as a backstage friendly competition between Chris Jericho and MVP in WWE to see who can get the most star-studded crew to see District 9 in the opening week goes a bit crazy with Jericho calling in HHH and trying to get the McMahon family to go and sow up the competition. Soon a coach filled with WWE guys and celeb guests, half Jericho's and half MVP's if off to see the film. Jericho welcomes Kanye West onto the bus, and then MVP welcomes Jay Z and Akon, and for some reason I'm Tommy Dreamer and I'm lying down in the aisle whilst they are all standing on me like they don't know I'm there. Anyway, somehow the confrontation devolves and results in the whole gang joke-fighting their way through a comic-con and I wind up in a car reversing away from a guy in an amazing cardboard transformer costume (a genuinely robotic looking Smokescreen) who is waddling down the multi-storey carpark after me threatening to cut me up with a big-ass combat knife. Oh, and Zooey Deschanel would NOT stop singing Sugertown.

The lesson? Don't eat half a pot of Cottage cheese with Pineapple chunks at 3am and expect and easy nights sleep. I'm saving the rest of the pot for tonight, I want to see how it ends!