JackFetch

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The first review of the movie has some spoilers:

Now let me list the positives of this movie

1) Action - I wasn't expecting the action scenes to be as awesome as they were. Simply put the best thing about this movie.

The last action scene of Goku vs. Picollo are simply amazing and when picollo takes out his huge fucking ass sword with weird rectangle shape tablet attached it at the tip of sword and slamming it on goku was fucking awesome. Lot of blowing shit up, super cool flying scenes, awesome ki blasts. This fight scene was around 13-15 minutes long. There are other small action scenes that are fun and entertaining with slo mo but nowhere as good as the picollo vs. goku scene.

2) James Marsters as Picollo was awesome. He was perfect as picollo.

Very mean and a villain that makes you say fuck ya kick all their asses. Oh and Picollo transforms into a light greenish color picollo towards the end of the movie.

3) Justin Chatwin as Goku. This guy surprised me a lot. I really didn't like him when they casted him as goku but he did a damn good job in the acting department and he nailed the KAMEHAMEHA line.

4) Oozaru - the giant monkey is in the movie.

Goku turns into a 8-9 feet tall giant baboon when he looks at the moon. It was awesome looking though a bit CGI. Maybe they will fix it later.

5) Emmy Rossum as Bulma- She was really really good in this role. I liked how she never acted like a wimpy girl and eventhough she knows she can't win against the evil forces yet she kicks ass. A strong female role I will say.

6) Fullum Assasins - I thought adding these monsters were bad idea but they were pretty damn cool and there was an enitre scene where Goku and his friends fight these monsters and that fight scene was pretty damn good.

7) Joon Park as Yamcha was pretty cool. His acting was spot on like the character and they showed some cool fighting techniques of his. The fight scene between him and goku was good.

Negatives

1) Story - Dragonball fans will be dissapointed with some of the changes they have made with stories and characters etc.

Krillin isn't in the movie, Tien isn't in the movie too. High school setting for the first 22-23 minutes was so not needed but ah well typical hollywood garbage of adding bullshit like that.

2) Jamie Chung as Chi Chi - Ya this was another casting i didn't like and my worst fears came true. Her acting is as bad as Jessica Alba's in F4 movies

but thankfully her screentime isn't that big.

I really wished they could have tried harded to find someone else. I hope for sequel she can improve if there is one of course.

3) Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi - I was dissapointed with this. I wanted the fucking perverted roshi who fucking grabs breasts and asses like in the anime but alas all of that is fucking gone. Also he acted like Mr. Kesuke Miyagi. You know what I mean. The lines he spoke were fine but I felt he was uncomfortable in the movie. Very dissapointed.

4) Shenron the dragon - Ah another huge dissapointment. This is like sentinel in X3 all over again. FUCK FUCK FUCK you fox.

So ya they get all the dragonballs and the dragon appears but the dragon is hiding behind fucking clouds and you only see his shadow.The voice of the dragon was provided by none other than Christopher Sabat who provided the voice for the dragon in the american version of the anime. When the dragon spoke it was chilling but damnit it was hiding behind clouds. One can hope they will fix this but chances of that are very slim.

5) Eriko Tamura as Mai was underused character and frankly speaking if that is what their intention was to underuse her then they might as well have not added this character and just added more picollo. Her moments were cool and she basically was there to show her nice boobies but ya she was kinda wasted.

Overall, I would give the movie a 6.5/10 simply because i was expecting disaster but it turned out better.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38877

• 1 month later...

It doesn't help that the plot is identical to every other film that the Nostalgia Critic reviews, seemingly. Now granted, I know of the source material and have seen random episodes of Dragonball, Z and GT, but nothing about that trailer looks original or interesting.

Ahem:

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I have friends who are die-hard DragonBall fans, and who have vowed to never pay to watch this. I'm trying to convince them to obtain it for free when it gets released on DVD somewhere down the road and do a drinking game to it; it'll probably make it a lot easier on them. The whole thing just looks incredibly worthy of a drinking game from the trailer alone.

He's just going to be your generic wise Asian man, I can almost guarantee.

The real question here is, WHY spend money on the Dragonball license when all you're going to do is create a movie that would be exactly the same without it?

Thanks. :)

Heh. The question is, are they going to keep the pervertedness for the movie? Or are they going to rape it like they seem to be doing everything else?

There is no way on heaven or earth that they'll have Chow Yun-Fat make any kind of perverted remark or gesture at Emmy Rossum (Bulma). It will never happen.