Friday the 13th remake

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Mears, who recently starred in The Hills Have Eyes 2 and has done stunts for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films and the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, will reportedly play Jason Voorhees in New Line Cinema and Platinum Dunes' new Friday the 13th movie.

Ken Kirzinger last suited up and strapped on the Voorhees hockey mask in Freddy vs. Jason.

To be directed by Marcus Nispel from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, the film, starring Jared Padalecki ("Supernatural"), is scheduled for a release on February 13, 2009.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43502

The dude is already scary looking without the mask.

I'm actually interested in seeing how they pull this off. Obviously Pamela Voorhees will have to be featured in the beginning, trying to avenge the "death" of her son, by killing and than she is killed and we see someone watching, than the credits. They need to stay away from "Zombie" Jason, keep him alive, so there is an actual reason to bring him back. He was a living breathing killer in parts II-1V. He didn't become an unstoppable killing machine until part VI.

• 3 weeks later...
Danielle Panabaker has been cast as the female lead in the new "Friday the 13th" film, which Marcus Nispel is directing for Platinum Dunes. The horror flick is a negative pickup for New Line.

Also joining the cast like lambs to the slaughter are Jonathan Sadowski, Travis van Winkle and Aaron Yoo.

The project, an update of the popular horror series featuring the goalie mask-wielding killer Jason, already features Jared Padalecki in the cast.

Panabaker is playing the adventurous, athletic girlfriend of van Winkle, who plays a rich alpha male type that gathers everyone together.

Yoo's character, named Chumbler, is a guy who's a little quirky and has a tendency to wear his attraction to pretty girls on his sleeve. Sadowski plays a techie who knows the horrific history of Camp Crystal Lake.

Van Winkle, repped by Gersh and Freeze Frame, most recently appeared in "Meet the Spartans." Yoo, repped by Gersh and Blue Ridge, appeared in "Disturbia," and Sadowski next appears in "Spring Breakdown." He is repped by WMA and Essential.

Panabaker most recently appeared opposite Kevin Costner in "Mr. Brooks." She's repped by CAA, Management 360 and attorney Patrick Knapp.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...87709bdf599151b

For those that don't know her, she was the girl in Sky High with the plant powers.

I'm going to take a shit on a bunch of paper and shop it around as a screenplay. Gotta figure there's a 50% chance it gets made.

If you add some explosions and a completely useless love story to that shit paper, you might have next year's summer blockbuster.

Nana Visitor (Babysitter Wanted) has been cast as the legendary Pamela Voorhees in Platinum Dunes' Friday the 13, which is currently lensing in Austin, Texas for release on Friday, February 13, 2009, according to Screen Geeks. She apparently won’t be in the film for long, but she has had a mold made of her head, the website reports. She joins Jared Padalecki, Derek Mears, Amanda Righetti, Danielle Panabaker, Aaron Yoo, Travis Van Winkle, Willa Ford, Nick Mennell and Jonathan Sadowski. The remake will focus on Jason Voorhees -- who will wear the mask and kill -- and keep the famous setting of Crystal Lake.

For a pic of this actress look here:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12005

• 2 months later...
Here is MTV on the set of the new Friday the 13th with a look at the new Jason mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CafgbR2ZcuQ

Just watched it, and well is it just me or did the mask look plastic and flimsy. I know its meant to be a hockey mask but it looked like it would collapse if held the wrong way.

I don't know why but after watching that footage i feel even less inclined to go and see this.

While I'm talking about Friday the 13th the one with the guy who dresses as Jason to kill the kids is the WORST one, good god that was one of the worst twist in film history.

Oh and the first one is great, any movie where Kevin bacon gets killed can do no wrong.

While I'm talking about Friday the 13th the one with the guy who dresses as Jason to kill the kids is the WORST one, good god that was one of the worst twist in film history.

That was 5.

I thought it was completely lame how they ignored the "Psycho Tommy" twist at the end of 5 when they made 6. It's like Superboy Prime punched reality or something.

That was 5.

I thought it was completely lame how they ignored the "Psycho Tommy" twist at the end of 5 when they made 6. It's like Superboy Prime punched reality or something.

It was stupid, but they originally wanted Corey Feldman to come back in a full movie and be the killer. That's why at the end of the 4th one he has that psycho look in his eyes. Corey Feldman wanted to do it, but was busy working on The Goonies, so he could only do a cameo.

The ending of the 5th movie still showed that the Producers wanted Tommy to be the killer in the next film, but the film was so bad they decided to just bring Jason back, thus part 6 started the "Zombie Jason" films.

To this day Corey Feldman has stated he would love to return and do another Friday the 13th film, maybe one day.

5 was extremely underrated.

It had some of the best kills, the twist set it apart from the others, and it was a nice bridge between the human and zombie eras.