Friday the 13th remake

While I'm talking about Friday the 13th the one with the guy who dresses as Jason to kill the kids is the WORST one, good god that was one of the worst twist in film history.

That was 5.

I thought it was completely lame how they ignored the "Psycho Tommy" twist at the end of 5 when they made 6. It's like Superboy Prime punched reality or something.

While I'm talking about Friday the 13th the one with the guy who dresses as Jason to kill the kids is the WORST one, good god that was one of the worst twist in film history.

That was 5.

I thought it was completely lame how they ignored the "Psycho Tommy" twist at the end of 5 when they made 6. It's like Superboy Prime punched reality or something.

It was stupid, but they originally wanted Corey Feldman to come back in a full movie and be the killer. That's why at the end of the 4th one he has that psycho look in his eyes. Corey Feldman wanted to do it, but was busy working on The Goonies, so he could only do a cameo.

The ending of the 5th movie still showed that the Producers wanted Tommy to be the killer in the next film, but the film was so bad they decided to just bring Jason back, thus part 6 started the "Zombie Jason" films.

To this day Corey Feldman has stated he would love to return and do another Friday the 13th film, maybe one day.

5 was extremely underrated.

It had some of the best kills, the twist set it apart from the others, and it was a nice bridge between the human and zombie eras.

Well i hated it, the only part i found i found scary was when the guy with the axe "accidentally" smashes it into the back of the fat kid.

the twist could have been done so much better, it could have been one of the other kids but no, it had to be a guy who is only seen through small parts of the film that gave out the definition of "who the fuck is that!?" and "What the fuck was that!?

Also it would have been obvious it was Tommy was the killer, but would have been good, however wasn't Corey Feldman thirteen? how the hell could he have looked anything like Jason!?

that's just a nitpick though, it's almost like the producers said "crap, we lost the feldmeister! who's going to be the killer now?!" "what about Jason?" "No, that's dumb he's dead..." "How about that guy?" "Who?" "The cop who's in the film for twenty minutes at most!" "OK, and we'll say he's the boys father but never told him or some crap like that"

that's how i felt it went.

Just out of curiosity, wasn't their one where Jason buys a new mask?

Oh and Feldman made a good choice the Goonies was a great movie.

Maybe they'll give Feldman a cameo as weird shopkeeper who works a mile from the camp and gets killed by Jason as a nod to the originals.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 was actually one of my favorites of the series. I thought it was better than the movies that followed with the exception of 10.

True, the killer's motivation made zero sense (and he was on-screen for less than 5 minutes) but IMO that's the only really bad part of it. The killer should have been the guy who killed the fat kid.

The biggest problem with 5 is it never happened - it's been completely ignored. Had it been the bridge to a "psycho Tommy" series it would be remembered much more fondly IMO. The cliffhanger ending was really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like we may get a twist in the new Friday the 13th remake, as Michael Bay gives a new interview about this remake. I'm actually both skeptical and looking forward to this film. And hearing its not going to an exact remake is some good news(kind of how TCM wasn't a bad remake)

Here's the link:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12923

It had some of the best kills, the twist set it apart from the others, and it was a nice bridge between the human and zombie eras.

It's actually my second favorite! I would say the twist is pretty redundant seeing as the first film had it.

But you can do no wrong with dancing Crispin Glover!

It's actually my second favorite! I would say the twist is pretty redundant seeing as the first film had it.

Wasn't Crispin in #4, The Final Chapter?

Wasn't Crispin in #4, The Final Chapter?

My bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did I seriously just see Jason fucking running?

Looking at wiki, they're also making him more intelligent and having him set traps for the kids, portraying him up as some sort of revenge hero.

First off, he's mentally retarded. He shouldn't be outsmarting anyone.

Second, Jason is not a hero. He's sympathetic to a point, but that's not his role.

At first I thought it would be shit, now I think it may be OK. The running thing I would let go as he was just building momentum. But why has he got the mask???? I know it's the thing he's known for, like Freddy and the glove, but he doesn't get that till like the fourth movie. So how will they explain he has it, was it a birthday gift from his mum!?

At first I thought it would be shit, now I think it may be OK. The running thing I would let go as he was just building momentum. But why has he got the mask???? I know it's the thing he's known for, like Freddy and the glove, but he doesn't get that till like the fourth movie. So how will they explain he has it, was it a birthday gift from his mum!?

Jason gets the mask in the third movie. I'm fine with them bypassing the sack, he only wore it for one film and this is a reboot after all.

I know it was three or four, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I just got the boxset, so yay. But how would you explain the mask? He played Hockey as a kid!? Don't get me wrong, I'm not "What! He has the mask! Fuck this movie!"I'm just wondering what the hell, hopefully they'll just say "Well, you know how theirs this thing called "Jason logic...""

Maybe the traps are just trails of candy leading to boxes held up by sticks.

Because he's deformed and wants to cover up. Not hard.

Why not wear a ski mask?

Why not wear a whitefaced William Shatner mask. Oh yeah, because he's JASON VOORHEES. The man has gone from small deformed mentally disabled kid to invunerable immortal 7ft tall murder-genius. The mask is a non-issue.

Looks like I'm not getting my Jason X sequel. Fuck the haters, that film RULED.