Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Reboots like this are what brought us the *shudder* Daniel Craig James Bond movies, and Superman Returns

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just compare the Craig Bond films to bloody Superman Returns?!?!?

That doesn't even make sense, this isn't a reboot of the franchise, its another sequel. A reboot would be remaking the original. And Daniel Craig Bond movies are awesome, especially when watched straight after Die Another Day. Also, Superman returns isn't a reboot, its a sequel to the first two original movies.

Doesn't calling the new bond films a reboot imply that there is some sort of coherent continuity in the original series?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The T-600:

t600tsnewvv9.th.jpg

Slap a different head on it and it's Battlestar Galactica steampunk Cylon.

A lot more stuff here.

I love this quote:

"I didn't want to feel like the guy who gave birth to the Terminator is against what we're doing, so I go to see James Cameron to kiss the ring and tell him what I was trying to do," McG said. "He's cordial but says, 'I'm not going to endorse your movie. I reserve the right to hate it. But I wish you well, and if you're going to make a Terminator I'd prefer you make a good one to a bad one.'"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that without much tweaking you could place Terminator in the same continuity as The Matrix. Granted thats the scenario that has the machines winning, but I don't think its a stretch.

I like the Marcus Wright deal. Its the sort of innovation that finds its way into these old sci-fi franchises without being shit like the hybrid from Alien Resurrection. I'm happier with the overall outlook of this film now, and I think technology allows for some spectacular stuff to occur whilst still throwing in references to the old films. Terminator 3 thought that the legacy of the franchise was catchphrases and leather jackets. This looks more like it knows what its doing, realising that what they need to capture is the panic and terror of being inches from a machine with a vicelike grip and unflinching tenacity. The still quick half-terminator crawling on the floor in the trailer is an obvious reference to this.

The latest Empire has a HUGE feature on the Terminator franchise and I highly urge my fellow countrymen to pick it up, because it's awesome. And in relation to what Jack's posted above, the Terminator franchise has always been plagued by producer wranglings - T2 nearly didn't get made due to Cameron's divorce from Gale Ann Hurd. My opinions are that it's a Hollywood producer suing someone for money. I refuse to care about such circumstances.

The latest Empire has a HUGE feature on the Terminator franchise and I highly urge my fellow countrymen to pick it up, because it's awesome.

True, its like 40 pages of history and interviews with Cameron, Hamilton, Patrick, Bale, the Governer and basically everyone associated with the series. Empire does this occasionally for the big franchises and its always awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
How can you pick and choose when you said there is no such thing as bad press?

My apologies. I was specifically referring to bad press for a movie.

So is anyone else jazzed about this film just from the perspective of it being the only modern "Robot Apocalypse" movie, set in the ultimate robot apocalypse storyline?

• 2 weeks later...
It’s been hoped for, it’s been rumored, and it’s been avoided. Now, it’s confirmed: Arnold Schwarzenegger has a cameo in this summer’s “Terminator” sequel.

“Exactly,” his co-star Terry Crews told us recently when asked about the “Terminator Salvation” cameos of Arnold and the “Idiocracy” star. “There are a lot of guys in that movie. I mean, ‘Terminator 4’ is very big.”

The burly, affable Crews said he was excited to make a double-reunion with Arnold, as they’ll also be briefly joining forces in the Sylvester Stallone tough-guy flick “The Expendables.”

“I am not at liberty to discuss what kind of cameo it is [in ‘The Expendables’], but I know for a fact he wants to be down,” Crews explained. “Arnold and I did a movie together a long time ago called ‘The 6th Day.’ Arnold and I are cool; he’s the best.”

In addition to the “Expendables” cameo, Crews told us that Schwarzenegger will indeed be doing a cameo in “Terminator Salvation.” “That’s it,” he said. “And so am I.”

Various sources have speculated whether Arnold will have a line, or simply appear body-wise as a T-800 machine. Crews said that the May 21st film’s shoot was so secretive, he has no idea.

“I don’t know; I haven’t seen it. They only gave out pages of the script,” Crews remembered. “It was crazy. It was very, very secretive. Believe me - when you see it, that will be the first time I saw it.”

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/08/exclu...irmed-by-actor/

• 4 weeks later...